The Oakland Athletics are currently seeking candidates for our Ticket Sales Internship program. This position will run from approximately April through September 2022 with the potential to extend longer. This internship offers an opportunity to become an active member of our team where you will experience various roles within ticket sales & retention. You will gain practical knowledge and individual development in ticket sales, customer service, premium seating, operations, and gameday programming.
This internship will prepare candidates for a full-time position & career in sports ticketing. You will also have the opportunity to participate in networking events with an array of leaders throughout the A’s organization.
The position will report directly to the Senior Manager, Ticket Sales and will receive training & support to experience the following:
- Learn and execute sales initiatives within group sales, premium, and season ticket retention.
- Play an active role in our customer service by using all forms of communication.
- Develop proficiency with MLB digital ticketing initiatives.
- Effectively utilize sales technology including Salesforce CRM and ProVenue.
- Assist and spearhead special projects to support organization initiatives.
- Provide overall ticket sales, operations, and customer service support on game days.
- Represent the organization in a professional manner, consistent with company pillars and culture.
- Ability to perform in a fast-paced sales environment.
- Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills; previous customer service experience preferred
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Candidates must be enthusiastic with a strong work ethic.
- Desire to grow professionally and advance in the sports industry.
- Ability to work flexible hours including nights, weekends and holidays
COVID 19 Consideration:
All Oakland A's employees are required to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 and must provide documentation of complete vaccination status as part of the pre-boarding process. Exceptions are available only for those who need an accommodation.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.