The Assistant, Athletic Fields & Grounds is managed by the Director, Athletic Fields & Grounds. The Assistant works in conjunction with all grounds staff to provide safe and visually appealing fields and grounds at The Atlantic Health Jets Training Center. This is a 32-acre facility located in Florham Park, New Jersey.
- Assist with maintenance fleet. Including oil, fuel, air filter changes. Greasing, blade sharpening, belts and parts inventory necessary to complete task.
- Assist with Irrigation diagnostics relating to system running properly. Trouble shoot and repair heads, valves, damaged lines, and solenoids.
- Prepare and maintain fields in accordance with NFL specifications. This will require knowledge in measuring and painting. Included in the maintenance is soil and tissue testing, moisture monitoring, mowing, string trimming, fertilizer, PGR and pesticide applications, aerification, topdressing, leveling of heads and valve boxes, sweeping, verticutting, sled placement, trash removal, seeding and divot repair
- General landscape maintenance and construction for beautification of the facility and special events. Maintenance includes mowing, string trimming, mulching, weeding, planting, pruning, pressure washing, painting, watering, seeding, sodding, fertilizing, pesticide application and snow removal.
- Ability to maintain artificial practice surfaces in accordance with NFL regulations. This will require understanding of manufactures recommendations on infill depth. In conjunction with infill depth proper grooming techniques and correct technique in operating and recording Clegg Hammer results.
- Document and record both written and visual use of athletic fields.
- Assist in managing and training interns to meet expectations set forth by Director.
- Observe, record and report root depth monthly.
- Ability to calibrate application equipment.
- All other duties assigned by the Director, Athletic Fields and Grounds.
- Associates/Bachelor of Science in Turfgrass, Horticulture or related field.
- One or more years of landscape or grounds maintenance experience.
- Experience working in collegiate or professional football preferred.
- Ability to obtain a New Jersey Pesticide License within 1 year of employment.
- Ability to obtain a New Jersey Fertilizer Applicators License within 3 months of employment.
- Ability to stand, walk, kneel, bend, run, twist, climb and lift 75lbs for extended amounts of time.
- Ability to work nights, weekends and holidays.
- Understanding of Excel, Word, Power Point, Concur and Dayforce.
- Self-motivated, hardworking individual who is passionate about football & their profession are valued.
- Ability to problem solve and act quickly without losing focus is of the utmost importance.
- Attention to detail and willingness to do the little things is paramount.
- Trustworthy, open and honest in communication.
A background check will be conducted prior to the start of the position. The New York Jets are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender (including gender nonconformity, status as a transgender individual, gender identity or expression), pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, sexual orientation, affectional orientation, marital status, civil union status, and domestic partnership status, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, service in the uniformed services, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. The New York Jets are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities.
As part of our hiring policy, new hires will need to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 and provide verification of vaccination prior to their start date. Fully vaccinated refers to at least two (2) weeks after the final dose on a two-dose vaccination series (Pfizer or Moderna) or at least two (2) weeks after a single-dose COVID-19 vaccination series (Johnson and Johnson).