Founded by Josh Harris and David Blitzer, Harris Blitzer Sports & Entertainment (HBSE) includes in its portfolio the Philadelphia 76ers, the New Jersey Devils, leading venue Prudential Center in Newark, N.J., the GRAMMY Museum Experience Prudential Center, the Delaware Blue Coats, the Binghamton Devils, the Sixers Innovation Lab Crafted by Kimball, and renowned esports franchise Dignitas. Led by some of the best and brightest minds across a diverse spectrum of industries, HBSE positions itself as one of the most pioneering, innovative global sports and entertainment businesses to date. HBSE also strives to positively impact the local communities in which it operates through the powerful platform of sports.
HBSE offers an energetic work environment built on collaboration, growth, and a quest to excel in everything we do. Prudential Center in downtown Newark, N.J. hosts more than 175 concerts, family shows and special events annually and is the fourth-ranked sports and entertainment venue in the U.S. by Pollstar and Billboard. It is home to the New Jersey Devils, a renowned NHL franchise with three Stanley Cup championships and a proud, passionate fan base. Prudential Center is also home to the brand-new GRAMMY Museum Experience, the first and only of its kind on the east coast.
The Philadelphia 76ers organization is one of the most storied franchises in American sports, led by some of the best and brightest minds across a diverse spectrum of industries, HBSE positions itself as one of the most pioneering, innovative global sports and entertainment businesses to date. The 76ers have attracted the industry’s top leadership talent from the NBA, NFL, NHL, MLB, MLS, UFC and NCAA, resulting in one of the most exciting, rewarding, and dynamic work environments within the sports industry. The 76ers offer a best-in-class workplace culture built on collaboration, growth, and a quest to excel in everything we do.
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY:
At HBSE, we engage, represent and reflect diverse voices of employees, players fans and communities. We are dedicated to hiring the best talent that is reflective of where we live, work and play – across all groups and levels; supporting and developing every employee to reach their potential; and creating an inclusive environment that allows team members to bring their true authentic selves to work.
Prudential Center and the New Jersey Devils are seeking a Staff Accountant who will report to our Senior Accounting Manager. The position will focus on the analysis, review and processing of Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable for the New Jersey Devils and Prudential Center Arena. The individual must be an independent thinker and assist the department in developing efficient accounting processes.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING:
- Accounts Payable
- Manage and analyze invoices and expense reports in web-based, document management platform for appropriate documentation and approval
- Manage system data feeds and exports to and from financial system
- Review, research and reconcile departmental invoices
- Review invoices and expense reports for appropriate documentation and approval
- Make weekly payment selections in accordance with cash flow allowance
- Manage and maintain W9 Files and annual 1099 filing
- Respond to vendor/internal staff inquiries
- Review, maintain and reconcile AP reports, spreadsheets, and files
- Accounts Receivable
- Review, analyze and record daily & weekly ticket sales
- Post payments by recording cash, checks, and credit card transactions
- Create miscellaneous invoices as requested
- Run AR Aging report for analysis, track payments, collect delinquent payments
- Review, maintain and reconcile AR reports, spreadsheets, and files
- Account reconciliations and analysis
- Prepare detailed account schedules
- Prepare and input journal entries
- Assist with external audits, including various state tax audits and year-end audits
- Assist with processes which ensure accurate & timely financial reporting
- Ad-hoc projects on an as needed basis
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting required
- Must be proficient in Windows and Microsoft Office products, specifically with strong Excel skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics SL (Solomon) or similar accounting software preferred
- Knowledge of Chrome River or similar web-based, document management platforms preferred
- Must be energetic and eager to learn with a team mindset
- Must be accurate and efficient, with the ability to manage time and prioritize tasks to meet deadlines
- Must be a strategic and critical thinker who is dynamic, forward thinking, extremely analytical and well organized
- Must be able to communicate effectively in both written and verbal form
- Must maintain professionalism at all times and be comfortable and capable of working with all levels of management
- This position generally requires that work be performed from the Prudential Center/New Jersey Devils offices, but attendance at events taking place in the arena or offsite, including on weekends and/or holidays, may be required.
- COVID-19 Vaccine Required: As of the first day of employment, you must be able to demonstrate proof that you are fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against COVID-19, unless you are granted a medical or religious exemption in accordance with Company policy.
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Flexible Spending Accounts (all LGBT friendly)
- Pretax Transportation Benefit
- Generous parental leave policies
- 401K (100% up to 5% is matched, after 1 year of service)
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- 13+ Paid Holidays
- ½ Day Summer Fridays
- Complimentary or Discounted Sports & Concert Tickets
- On Site Fitness Rooms
- Other League & Partner Discounts