The NFL is looking for a motivated Sr. Product Manager who will be responsible for working cross-functionally to ensure successful delivery of live and on-demand video content across NFL Owned and Operated products (NFL.com, NFL Mobile, Fantasy, CTV, etc).
The Sr. Product Manager will play a critical role in building and maintaining technology that is the foundation of our most critical user experiences. They will work with key stakeholders across NFL Product, Content, Operations and Engineering teams to ensure NFL fans have an engaging and highly performant video viewing experience. This role will require a background with streaming services, workflows, and metadata that power video experiences across multiple platforms.
A successful candidate will be a proven self-starter with excellent communication skills and keen attention to detail. The ability to think creatively to solve complex problems is a must. Most importantly, the ideal candidate will be able to navigate and communicate cross-functionally and will excel at partnering with stakeholders to document and execute well-defined requirements.
This is an exciting opportunity to develop and execute a product strategy for the NFL’s streaming platform that powers live and on-demand video experiences to millions of football fans worldwide. A key area of focus for this role will be to become a subject matter expert within the streaming space and continue to evolve product strategy as technology advances in the industry. Areas of ownership will include video metadata, AI/ML focused projects such as automated tagging of content, video entitlements, free ad support TV channel (FAST), quality of playback experience (QoE) and delivery integrations with business partners.
- Develop a vision and execute a holistic product strategy and roadmap for NFL Streaming Services & Workflows.
- Represent the Product Development Team and evangelize the strategic Streaming roadmap across the broader NFL organization.
- Leverage automation to assist in content creation.
- Understand user needs, evolving market trends, technology innovations, and competitive offerings to grow and develop new products and features.
- Communicate product needs through the collection and creation of functional specifications, business requirements, user stories, and data analysis.
- Partner both internally and externally to continuously improve our quality of viewing experience.
- Collaborate with the Programming & Business Development teams on product development for the NFL’s FAST channel.
- Partner with business development teams to ensure smooth delivery of NFL contractual requirements.
- Build fruitful partnerships with engineering, operations, and editorial teams.
- Identify opportunities for operational efficiencies and work across multiple teams to implement solutions.
- Ensure products are in line with the overall digital strategy and support broad NFL business goals.
- Own and manage the complete product life cycle from strategic planning to tactical implementation, using analytics to inform project priorities.
- 7+ years of Product Management experience working in consumer technology or digital media.
- Demonstrable experience with digital video platform management, specifically with content workflows and metadata.
- Prior experience building automations for tagging and clipping of content.
- Experience developing and executing against content access entitlements.
- Experience with development of a AVOD/Free Ad Supported TV (FAST) channel a plus.
- Proven experience overseeing all elements of the product development lifecycle.
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority.
- Remarkable attention to detail, and an ability to thrive in a creative, deadline-driven environment.
- Expertise in modern forms of product discovery, planning, and development.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills, proven ability to build and maintain relationships and to influence and lead without direct authority.
- Ability to make decisions quickly and independently with minimal oversight.
- Demonstrated ability to gather and synthesize requirements across diverse functional areas and convert them into a product roadmap and vision.
- Experience working in an agile environment.
- 3 years management experience
- Passion for sports, especially football
Other Key Attributes / Characteristics
- Soft skills or personality driven traits. Less tangible and harder to quantify (e.g. works well with others, interpersonal skills, teamwork, time management).
- Travel isn’t required but may be available as business needs arise
Terms /Expected Hours of Work
- Full-time NFL employees are required to work at least 40 hours per week.
- This role requires the ability to work a flexible schedule that may include some weekends and holidays.
- The NFL places a priority on having an in-person workplace, which enables us to more effectively collaborate, connect and build a workplace culture that will drive our continued success. We remain steadfast in our belief that working together as a team, in our physical office spaces, is critical to the successful execution of our season. For those reasons, we expect employees to work from an NFL office five days a week, except in limited circumstances permitted by NFL policy.
- We also continue to prioritize the health and safety of our NFL workforce. Consistent with that commitment, considering the substantial and growing body of evidence that vaccinations remain the most effective protection against the spread of COVID-19, we require that members of our NFL workforce be fully vaccinated, inclusive of the COVID-19 Booster for those who are eligible under CDC guidelines. Exceptions are available only for those who need an accommodation for a qualifying disability or sincerely held religious belief or practice.
- The NFL is committed to building a diverse, equitable and inclusive work environment that reflects our incredibly diverse fan base. We provide an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all employees and applicants without regard to status as protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
- This job posting is for a position with one of the NFL’s third-party agency partners that provides services to the NFL. The individual selected for this role will be an employee of that third-party agency and not the NFL. All compensation, benefits, and other terms and conditions of employment are handled by the agency. The assignment to provide services to the NFL will be limited in duration but may be extended for an additional period by agreement between the NFL and the agency