The analyst will be a key member of the League’s finance department that focuses on overall League economics incorporating Member Club financials. The manager will serve as the primary financial analyst on our Club Finance team with responsibility for analysis, financial modeling and synthesis of club financial information for purposes of maintaining the League-wide economic model and creating presentations and reports for NFL senior management and the clubs. The manager will also be a key contributor to the development and administration of League financial policies related to areas including stadium financing support, debt and revenue sharing. The position interfaces with other League departments (club business development, corporate finance and labor finance) on various League projects.
- Maintain, update and improve the League-wide club projections financial model which compiles all 32 clubs projections and is used as the basis for League economic analysis
- Assist in the collection, review and update of the clubs’ financial projections
- Address ad hoc club requests and projects that involve the use of League-wide financial information and club benchmarking data
- Assist in updating the League’s G-3 and G-4 stadium financing models
- Build and maintain dynamic financial models to illustrate potential outcomes related to new or revised League financial and debt policies, revenue sharing, labor, etc.
- Assist in preparation of financial analysis and presentation materials in connection with stadium project approvals
- Support the administration of the League’s revenue sharing program
- Assist in the preparation of presentations to NFL team owners and executives at League Meetings as well as to senior management
- Coordinate with other League departments (club business development, corporate finance, labor finance) to provide relevant club financial information to support League strategic initiatives
- Serve as key contact at the League for club finance executives
- Bachelor’s degree
- Strong financial analysis and financial modeling skills
- Microsoft Excel skills must be very strong; position requires analyzing / synthesizing large club financial data sets as well as ability to build dynamic models from scratch
- Fundamental knowledge of accounting and corporate finance
- Experience writing and assembling drafts of detailed management-level presentations
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- At least 2 years of experience building, maintaining, and updating comprehensive financial models
- Investment banking analyst or equity research analyst background with training at top bank is highly desirable
Other Key Attributes / Characteristics
- Must be an effective team player, but also self-directed, self-motivated with a strong work ethic
- Desire to learn unique economic system specific to NFL
- Limited travel expected
Terms /Expected Hours of Work
- This is a full-time, exempt role
- May need to work flexible hours, holidays, and weekends
- The NFL places a priority on having an in-person workplace, which enables us to more effectively collaborate, connect and build a workplace culture that will drive our continued success. We remain steadfast in our belief that working together as a team, in our physical office spaces, is critical to the successful execution of our season. For those reasons, we expect employees to work from an NFL office five days a week, except in limited circumstances permitted by NFL policy.
- We also continue to prioritize the health and safety of our NFL workforce. consistent with that commitment, considering the substantial and growing body of evidence that vaccinations remain the most effective protection against the spread the COVID-19, we require that members of our NFL workforce be fully vaccinated, inclusive of the COVID-19 Booster for those who are eligible under CDC guidelines.
- The NFL is committed to building a diverse, equitable and inclusive work environment that reflects our incredibly diverse fan base. We provide an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all employees and applicants without regard to status as protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.