The primary function of this role is analyzing and driving financial performance for several League Office and various other NFL operational departments. This position has the responsibility for performing proper technical analysis of accounts, implementing accounting policies, and ensuring compliance with technical standards of accounting. A successful candidate must have solid finance and accounting skills, excellent creative thinking, analytical and project management abilities, strong interpersonal and team-building skills, and the ability to handle several tasks at once.
- Partner with finance & operational staff to:
- Identify and solve business problems and process inefficiencies
- Support and help lead strategic growth initiatives
- Improve operating results (i.e. proactively notify the business unit throughout the year on (un)favorable pacing versus the budget, offer recommendations on how to address such variances)
- Assist in preparing P&L and Cash Flow budgets and forecasts, variance analyses, risk/opportunity assessments, long-term planning, and various periodic and ad hoc reporting
- Assist with quarterly close process in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles, which includes reviewing departmental general ledgers, recording quarterly transactional activity, preparing revenue and expense accruals, preparing balance sheet reconciliations and cash flow statements, and providing P&L and Cash variance explanations to budget and forecasts
- Oversee capital expenditure accounting projects and technical accounts
- Ensure the business unit adheres to key League financial policies and procedures surrounding contracts, invoice processing, and expense reimbursements
- Provide day-to-day operational support (i.e. reviewing and coding invoices)
- Ensure contractual commitments are clearly documented, understood & met
- Assist with preparing support for internal and year-end audit reviews
- Serve as liaison to accounts receivable for proper routine billings
- Special projects as determined by manager
- Travel is limited and will be on an as-required basis
Required Education and Experience
- Minimum of 2 years of finance and accounting work experience related to budgeting, forecasting, analytical and problem-solving highly preferred
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university
Skills & Abilities
- Strong ability using Excel, PowerPoint
- Experience with PeopleSoft Financial Reporting Software, Oracle ERP, or Vena a plus
- Ability to multi-task and effectively prioritize workload
- Experience creating and editing financial models is a plus
Expected Hours of Work
- The NFL maintains a Flexible Workplace Policy that provides members of our workforce with opportunities to periodically work from a location of their choice, while maintaining a priority on in-person work at an NFL office, which enables us to more effectively collaborate, connect and build a workplace culture that will drive our continued success.
- We also continue to prioritize the health and safety of our NFL workforce. Consistent with that commitment, considering the substantial and growing body of evidence that vaccinations remain the most effective protection against the spread the COVID-19, we require that members of our NFL workforce be fully vaccinated. Exceptions are available only for those who need an accommodation for a qualifying disability or sincerely held religious belief or practice.
- The NFL is committed to building a diverse, equitable and inclusive work environment that reflects our incredibly diverse fan base. We provide an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all employees and applicants without regard to status as protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.