NFL Media is currently looking for a Broadcast Engineer to work in our Media Services group at our new West Coast Headquarters in Inglewood, CA. As a new facility, it is utilizing ST-2110 as part of the infrastructure. Candidate must have 10+ years of previous experience working in a live broadcast production environment. Candidate needs to possess a strong work ethic, positive workplace approach, work well with others and adapt in a quickly changing production environment. Must be willing to work flexible schedules including overnights weekends and holidays.
- Have full understanding of technical facility, and complex broadcast video/audio and IT type production equipment and systems
- Ability to rapidly diagnose video system and IT problems, and provide alternative solutions if needed to maintain production deadlines
- Ability to comprehend complex concepts and workflows
- Participate and contribute to the design, development and deployment of complex broadcast video/audio and IT type production equipment and systems
- Participate and contribute to the training and ongoing education of Production personnel in the operation of complex broadcast video/audio and IT type production equipment and systems
- Must be able to lift heavy equipment for installation/maintenance when required
- Contribute to the training and ongoing education of Production personnel in the operation of complex broadcast video/audio and IT type production equipment and systems
- Strong knowledge of Computer/Storage/Networking/Applications
- Strong knowledge of Apple OS X client and server operating systems
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft client and server operating systems
- Strong knowledge of Adobe Premier and Quantum StorNext
- Knowledge of Unix, and Linux
- Knowledge of transcoding (Episode Engine, Vantage) programs, high speed file transfer (Signiant, Aspera) programs, media asset management (Vidispine, CatDV) programs, and graphics (adobe, VizRT) programs
- Knowledge of networking (Cisco, Arista), firewalls, IGMP and PTP.
- Knowledge of high performance SAN and NAS storage systems
- Proficient in AutoCAD, Visio and other concept and documentation applications
- Knowledge of codecs, i.e. ProRes, XDCam, H.264
- Knowledge of IPV4 and IPV6
- Knowledge of Industry standard data security best practices, i.e. ISO 27001
- Knowledge of SNMP and network monitoring programs, i.e. Nagios, Solar Winds
- Knowledge of log monitoring programs
- Knowledge of VMWare ESX
- Minimum of 10 + years of experience in related field.
Other Key Attributes / Characteristics
- Ability to learn and master new technology and workflows, as well as provide training and guidance to others working within the broadcast facility.
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to express complex concepts verbally and in written documentation
- Ability to work independently or collaborate with a team
- Ability to maintain a high level of professionalism and motivation
- Ability to maintain knowledge of technology and industry trends
- Must be able to lift heavy equipment for installation & maintenance when required
Terms / Expected Hours of Work
- NFL employees are required to work 40 hours per week.
- This position a 24/7 broadcast facility, so shifts can be scheduled on weekend hours and holidays. Candidate must have a flexible schedule and be able to work off-hour shifts when needed.
- The NFL maintains a Flexible Workplace Policy that provides members of our workforce with opportunities to periodically work from a location of their choice, while maintaining a priority on in-person work at an NFL office, which enables us to more effectively collaborate, connect and build a workplace culture that will drive our continued success.
The NFL is committed to building a diverse, equitable and inclusive work environment that reflects our incredibly diverse fan base. We provide an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all employees and applicants without regard to status as protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
We also continue to prioritize the health and safety of our NFL workforce. Consistent with that commitment, considering the substantial and growing body of evidence that vaccinations remain the most effective protection against the spread the COVID-19, we require that members of our NFL workforce be fully vaccinated, inclusive of the COVID-19 Booster for those who are eligible under CDC guidelines.