At the NBA, we’re passionate about growing and celebrating the game of basketball. Through the intensity of the game and the amazing athletic skill of our players, we deliver excitement to hundreds of millions of fans around the world.
As a global sports and media business, the NBA is so much more. While Basketball Operations runs the league’s on-court activities, other departments manage relationships with television and digital media partners, develop marketing partnerships with some of the world’s most recognizable companies, oversee the licensing of NBA merchandise, and handle a wide range of responsibilities that drive the NBA’s success.
The NBA is committed to providing a safe and healthy workplace. To safeguard our employees and their families, our visitors and the broader community from COVID-19, and in consideration of recommendations from health authorities and the NBA’s own advisors, any individual working onsite in our New York and New Jersey offices must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including having received a booster when eligible. The NBA will discuss accommodations for individuals who cannot be vaccinated due to a medical reason or sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance.
The Video Coordinator is responsible for the acquisition, ingest, archive and quality control of all content going into NBAE's Digital Media Management (DMM) System, as well as the delivery of nightly highlight content to international and domestic partners. The coordinator is also responsible for supporting the NBA Content Network and content for the NBA's Social Media assets.
This position is a project employee position based out of the Secaucus, New Jersey office.
- Quality control and archiving of the arena server video files
- Quality control and archiving of file based field shoot videos
- Final QC of digitized assets prior to tape disposal
- Basic video compositing and audio mixing of NBAE programming
- Advanced search capabilities to identify tapes/plays/material that has not previously been logged
- Quality conrol of all content being ingested into the system (finished content, live games, historical archive, field shoots) knowledge of multiple cameras and card structures live streaming support of edit system
- Knowledge of file sharing and transferring (examples: Aspera Client, FTP, Dropbox)
- Familiar with transcoding files into multiple editing formats
- Experience with transcoding software - Telestream Vantage and Episode preferred
- Work well in group settings and collaborate with others
- Video editing experience
- Experience uploading and transferring files to clients
- Previous work experience in the sports industry a plus
- Strong knowledge of basketball a plus, but not required
Bachelor's degree preferred
We Consider Applicants For All Positions On The Basis Of Merit, Qualifications And Business Needs, And Without Regard To Race, Color, National Origin, Religion, Sex, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Alienage Or Citizenship Status, Ancestry, Marital Status, Creed, Genetic Predisposition Or Carrier Status, Sexual Orientation, Veteran Status, Familial Status, Status As A Victim Of Domestic Violence Or Any Other Status Or Characteristic Protected By Applicable Federal, State, Or Local Law.