At the NBA, we’re passionate about growing and celebrating the game of basketball. Through the intensity of the game and the amazing athletic skill of our players, we deliver excitement to hundreds of millions of fans around the world.
As a global sports and media business, the NBA is so much more. While Basketball Operations runs the league’s on-court activities, other departments manage relationships with television and digital media partners, develop marketing partnerships with some of the world’s most recognizable companies, oversee the licensing of NBA merchandise, and handle a wide range of responsibilities that drive the NBA’s success.
The NBA is committed to providing a safe and healthy workplace. To safeguard our employees and their families, our visitors and the broader community from COVID-19, and in consideration of recommendations from health authorities and the NBA’s own advisors, any individual working onsite in our New York and New Jersey offices must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including having received a booster when eligible. The NBA will discuss accommodations for individuals who cannot be vaccinated due to a medical reason or sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance.
Support development and execution of distribution and business development strategies in the increasingly complex multichannel and content platform marketplace. Will manage existing relationships and lead deal negotiations and business development efforts, including with Pay-TV partners and connected device platforms. Role will also support growth opportunities for the NBA's subscription DTC content offerings.
- Negotiate multi-platform agreements with domestic distributors of NBA TV and NBA League Pass.
- Ability to handle straightforward negotiations independently and provide support to SVP for more complex negotiations.
- Develop distribution strategies around content offerings for distribution partners and growth opportunities for the NBA's DTC offerings.
- Develop relationships and secure placement for the NBA App with distribution outlets and connected device platforms.
- Cultivate strong working relationships and foster collaboration across multiple internal NBA departments, including NBA Digital (managed by Turner), DTC, Marketing, Content, International and other teams within Global Partnerships & Media.
- Knowledge of the domestic media landscape.
- Solid comprehension of legal and technical issues in areas implicated by distribution partnerships, including content distribution, advertising, and data sharing.
- Strong analytical, negotiation, executive presentation, and time management skills.
- Ability to juggle multiple simultaneous deals / projects.
- Network of relationships among media and digital platforms.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant progressive media experience.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of primary negotiating experience for media distribution deals.
- Experience dealing with (or advising on) professional sports media issues preferred
Education: JD or MBA preferred, but not required.
We Consider Applicants For All Positions On The Basis Of Merit, Qualifications And Business Needs, And Without Regard To Race, Color, National Origin, Religion, Sex, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Alienage Or Citizenship Status, Ancestry, Marital Status, Creed, Genetic Predisposition Or Carrier Status, Sexual Orientation, Veteran Status, Familial Status, Status As A Victim Of Domestic Violence Or Any Other Status Or Characteristic Protected By Applicable Federal, State, Or Local Law.