The NBA is committed to providing a safe and healthy workplace. To safeguard our employees and their families, our visitors and the broader community from COVID-19, and in consideration of recommendations from health authorities and the NBA’s own advisors, any individual working onsite in our New York and New Jersey offices must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including having received a booster when eligible. The NBA will discuss accommodations for individuals who cannot be vaccinated due to a medical reason or sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance.
We're looking for an experienced analytics expert who can lead our Marketing Analytics group. This leader will drive our marketing analytics practice, nurture and grow the analytics team, and build strong relationships with key executives and stakeholders across the organization. They will partner closely with colleagues in data strategy, data engineering, director to consumer growth and brand campaign teams. Ultimately, this individual will help enable NBA leadership to make decisions based on quantitative and qualitative insights. This leader brings deep experience with measurement across all media channels(inc. linear TV, upper/lower funnel digital etc.), growth(acquisition/engagement/retention) channels, as well as broader marketing concepts like segmentation, campaign ROI, marketing mix models, and best in class analytics tools. This is a highly visible role that will require the ability to contextualize analytics insights to a non-versed executive audience, as well as help guide strategic decisions at the operating level across the organization.
- Lead the Marketing Analytics practice for NBA Marketing, including developing a robust vision of long term priorities as well as near term needs to serve the business.
- Providing leadership to marketing analytics day-to-day efforts: You will lead a small (but growing) team of analysts who are responsible for the marketing department's insights
- Creating a comprehensive marketing analytics roadmap which cohesively aligns the requirements of the brand, growth, and broader marketing teams.
- Oversee brand campaign analytics and insights working closely with internal and external media teams, reporting results to executive leadership
- Oversee media mix modeling and multi-touch attribution projects: Define project goals and work closely with the data strategy, and media teams to deliver media mix models that have high business impact.
- Oversee Direct to Consumer growth team analytics and insights including user acquisition, engagement, and retention.
- Ensure analytics teams develop and utilize analytics best practices in relevant areas such as data visualization, statistical analysis, database queries, presentation design, and insight generation
- 10-20+ years experience in a combination of product management, strategy, consulting, marketing/customer/product analytics, data science, or equivalent fields
- 10+ years of experience designing and delivering analytics deliverables for Fortune 100 organizations.
- Must have experience in marketing/customer/product analytics and delivering analysis to senior executives and leadership teams.
- Broad understanding of digital marketing analytics and the role of digital analytics and marketing platforms in evaluating the performance of campaigns, events, paid media, e-commerce, social media, etc.
- Must have proven expertise managing analytical models such as cohorts, attribution models, segmentation, cost per acquisition, customer lifetime value models, etc.
- Strong data manipulation and database modeling skills. Must be proficient in SQL, understand how to design and evaluate data models, and have the ability to closely partner with data engineers and architects to generate data sets needed to power analysis.
- Proven experience working directly with senior executive leadership to prioritize work and ability to lead significant programs with market impact across multiple business units and/or companies.
- An expert communicator in written and verbal form; ability to work well with executives, and able to lead and influence across all levels of the organization.
Education: BA or Master's in Technology (computer science, computer engineering, economics, applied math, statistics, engineering, or other quantitative fields) along with an MBA (or equivalent business experience).
We Consider Applicants For All Positions On The Basis Of Merit, Qualifications And Business Needs, And Without Regard To Race, Color, National Origin, Religion, Sex, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Alienage Or Citizenship Status, Ancestry, Marital Status, Creed, Genetic Predisposition Or Carrier Status, Sexual Orientation, Veteran Status, Familial Status, Status As A Victim Of Domestic Violence Or Any Other Status Or Characteristic Protected By Applicable Federal, State, Or Local Law.