At the NBA, we’re passionate about growing and celebrating the game of basketball. Through the intensity of the game and the amazing athletic skill of our players, we deliver excitement to hundreds of millions of fans around the world. As a global sports and media business, the NBA is so much more. While Basketball Operations runs the league’s on-court activities, other departments manage relationships with television and digital media partners, develop marketing partnerships with some of the world’s most recognizable companies, oversee the licensing of NBA merchandise, and handle a wide range of responsibilities that drive the NBA’s success.
The NBA is committed to providing a safe and healthy workplace. To safeguard our employees and their families, our visitors and the broader community from COVID-19, and in consideration of recommendations from health authorities and the NBA’s own advisors, any individual working onsite in our New York and New Jersey offices must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. The NBA will discuss accommodations for individuals who cannot be vaccinated due to a medical reason or sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance.
This position is part of a growing Digital Content Strategy & Business Intelligence team whose mission is to provide data-backed direction on how the NBA can best exploit content in pursuit of its business goals.In this specific role, your responsibility will be to manage content reporting and optimization across social and digital platforms. Your focus will be on enabling better data-driven decision-making through analytics for the Content, Product and Strategy teams focused on increasing engagement, retention, and revenue across our digital properties. Success in the role requires a keen ability to connect dots, tell stories through data and close the gap between research and actionable insights.
- Co-manage the weekly, monthly and ad hoc reporting of content performance across the social and digital assets of the NBA, WNBA, NBA 2K League and NBA G League
- Contribute data-driven strategies to drive the growth of NBA fans and subscribers through innovative content initiatives and marketing/communication efforts Research and analyze performance by content type, platform, demographics, etc. that drive critical decision-making
- Design and help execute A/B testing plans to optimize content, inform strategic changes and identify new licensing opportunities
- Perform competitive analyses of content across brands and creators
- Collaborate with data strategy team to build and maintain visual dashboards that track key initiatives, enable self-service data discovery and help communicate findings across the company
- Provide strategic recommendations to Content publishers, Product managers, business strategy and marketing leads based on content analysis
- Research platform trends (i.e. new social platform features), competitive performance across brands and user behavior (i.e. change in consumption patterns over time across certain demographics) to inform NBA's holistic content strategy approach
- Communicate insights and recommendations to leadership in a clear and concise manner
- 3+ years working in an analytical, research or content marketing role
- Demonstrated ability to conduct data analysis, deliver actionable insights, and work directly with stakeholders to implement and measure recommended actions Knowledge of and experience with social media and digital analytics, listening and measurement tools (i.e. - Adobe, CrowdTangle, Facebook Insights, YouTube Analytics, etc.)
- Experience with data visualization platforms such as Tableau and Power BI is preferred Working knowledge of SQL, Python or R is a plus Technology-savvy with an understanding of evolving media and content landscape and trends
- Knowledge of basketball and a passion for the NBA and sports is helpful and welcome
- Bachelor's degree
We Consider Applicants For All Positions On The Basis Of Merit, Qualifications And Business Needs, And Without Regard To Race, Color, National Origin, Religion, Sex, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Alienage Or Citizenship Status, Ancestry, Marital Status, Creed, Genetic Predisposition Or Carrier Status, Sexual Orientation, Veteran Status, Familial Status, Status As A Victim Of Domestic Violence Or Any Other Status Or Characteristic Protected By Applicable Federal, State, Or Local Law.