Talladega Superspeedway was created as a palace of speed in 1969 by NASCAR founder Bill France, Sr., who coined it “the Greatest Race Track in the World.” At a mammoth 2.66-miles with 33 degrees of banking in the turns, it is NASCAR’s Most Competitive venue. The “Fun” track prides itself on being family friendly, especially with the introduction of the Talladega Garage Experience in 2019 where guests are immersed into motorsports like never before. The host of two major NASCAR weekends a year, the iconic ribbon of asphalt is easy accessible off I-20, located between Birmingham, AL, and Atlanta, GA.
Event Tram Ambassadors ride on a tram to ensure guests remain seated while the tram is in motion. Assist guests as necessary and as directed by the tram plaza supervisors when loading and unloading trams at tram plazas. Ambassador alerts the driver immediately upon observing any unsafe movement of guests or incidents jeopardizing fan safety, equipment malfunction or failure. Ambassador must make PA announcements and play the designated PA message for each segment. Additionally you may be assigned to work as a plaza attendant.
Responsibilities of the Tram Ambassador:
- Assisting guests with the loading and unloading of the trams
- Enforcing Speedway policies and procedures
- Providing event information to all guests
- Assist the Tram Driver in checking your tram to make sure all is in working order
- All other duties assigned.
- Strong communications and customer service skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced and high stress environment
- Ability to work outdoors in changing weather conditions for extended periods
- Must be able to work nights, weekends and holidays as assigned
- Positive attitude, friendly and outgoing
- Must follow dress code and have a clean, presentable appearance at all times.
- Ability to work with others and take direction
- Must learn quickly and be trainable
Reporting Relationships: The Tram Ambassadors will be under the close supervision of the Tram Operations Supervisors for Talladega Superspeedway with some additional responsibilities assigned by the Director of Guest Services/Manager of Guest Services.
Tram Ambassadors are ONLY a seasonal/temporary event based position. Main event runs October 1st - October 3rd with possible smaller events throughout the year. Shift length: 8-12 hours depending on specific event needs and event conditions.
We are a company unlike any other. We want you to bring your experience, skills and passion to our close-knit, high-energy environment in which our employees thrive and where you can prosper. We know the key to our success is our employees and we offer highly competitive salaries, a solid benefits package focused on wellness, and opportunities for you to grow and develop both personally and professionally. It won’t take you long to find out that you are on the right track here at NASCAR!
NASCAR is committed to fostering a diverse work environment where all employees feel valued and empowered. NASCAR is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO). We seek to attract and retain the best qualified people available. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, disability, religion, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy, veteran status or any basis that is protected by applicable law except where a bona fide occupational qualification exists.