At NASCAR, you will find a community of passionate individuals who care about our sport and are united in seeing it grow.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Work with team of tech inspectors to verify compliance on race cars.
- Work one or more assigned inspection station(s) for preliminary through post-race inspection, ensuring competitors are following the Company’s standards.
- Assist with traffic control, crowd control and credential verification.
- Handle issues appropriately in garage and pit areas.
- Assist in pre and post work day operations to include assembly and disassembly of inspection equipment.
- Unload and load haulers, as requested.
- Assist with transportation of The Company’s vehicles, as requested.
- Understand, communicate, and enforce The Company’s race procedure rules.
- Successfully pass Pit Road Official Exam as administered.
- Officiate race on pit road or in other locations using applicable technology.
- Maintain proficiency in and knowledge of all pit road rules and penalties.
- Implement / apply the appropriate pit road / practice / qualifying procedures /race procedures in a consistent, timely and professional manner.
- Establish and maintain proper communications with the assigned crew chief(s) and / or Race Control as required.
- Properly execute and confirm any directive from Race Control.
- Competent use of standard technology such as keyboard, mouse, windows-type applications, etc.
- Display willingness and ability to learn new software programs created for race officiating.
- Maintain equipment to avoid damage and ensure that hardware is properly stored for use at future events in accordance with The Company’s Mobile Inspection Training curriculum.
- Perform duties in a timely and authoritative manner while portraying a professional image.
- Competent understanding of radio use, procedures and etiquette.
- Responsible for securing equipment (e.g. tape measure, binoculars, watch, flags, radios) for duties assigned and for performing routine checks on same.
- Attend meetings and educational seminars.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Approximate travel 90%.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Must be able to read a tape measure.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Customer service, people skills, represent Company. Use of computer is helpful.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear; and smell. The employee must frequently lift and/or move more than 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
We are a company unlike any other. We want you to bring your experience, skills and passion to our close-knit, high-energy environment in which our employees thrive and where you can prosper. We know the key to our success is our employees and we offer highly competitive salaries, a solid benefits package focused on wellness, and opportunities for you to grow and develop both personally and professionally. It won’t take you long to find out that you are on the right track here at NASCAR!
NASCAR is committed to fostering a diverse work environment where all employees feel valued and empowered. NASCAR is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO). We seek to attract and retain the best qualified people available. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, disability, religion, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy, veteran status or any basis that is protected by applicable law except where a bona fide occupational qualification exists.