Located near Des Moines, Iowa Speedway joined the NASCAR family of tracks in 2013. Known as the "Fastest Short Track on the Plant", Iowa Speedway plays host to three major race weekends a year, welcoming the NASCAR Xfinity Series, NASCAR Gander RV & Outdoors Truck Series and IndyCar. The track was designed by NASCAR Hall of Famer Rusty Wallace.
Iowa Speedway has openings for part-time seasonal General Maintenance workers who will work alongside the Facility Maintenance Manager and other employees to keep the Iowa Speedway facility in pristine condition.
This position is responsible for proactively anticipating the needs of the Iowa Speedway Maintenance Department and performing daily tasks at the facility, as well as assisting with special projects and housekeeping duties, as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Performs activities with the goal of keeping Iowa Speedway property and facilities in pristine condition.
- Inspects plumbing, HVAC, interior and exterior of buildings, track surface, track wall, track fence, parking lots, equipment, and all other areas of Iowa Speedway and repairs such as needed.
- Assists with housekeeping for pre and post events; as needed, deep cleans facilities and equipment.
- Assists with projects for all departments at Iowa Speedway as directed by the Facility Maintenance Manager.
- Maintains relationships and works with various suppliers as directed by the Facility Maintenance Manager.
- Works with full-time maintenance staff to ensure each knows the proper way to use equipment and has the proper information to complete assigned tasks.
- Stays alert and recognizes potential hazards around the facility, including all buildings, grandstands, and grounds. Immediately reports potential hazards to the Facility Maintenance Manager.
- Performs additional duties assigned in the normal course of business.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Must possess a valid driver license.
- Must have the knowledge and ability to operate mowing equipment, fork trucks, skid loaders, back hoe, tractors, and lifts. Also must possess skills to construct / carpentry work, and wrench. Must demonstrate attention to detail.
We are a company unlike any other. We want you to bring your experience, skills and passion to our close-knit, high-energy environment in which our employees thrive and where you can prosper. We know the key to our success is our employees and we offer highly competitive salaries, a solid benefits package focused on wellness, and opportunities for you to grow and develop both personally and professionally. It won’t take you long to find out that you are on the right track here at NASCAR!
NASCAR is committed to fostering a diverse work environment where all employees feel valued and empowered. NASCAR is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO). We seek to attract and retain the best qualified people available. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, disability, religion, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy, veteran status or any basis that is protected by applicable law except where a bona fide occupational qualification exists.