Talladega Superspeedway was created as a palace of speed in 1969 by NASCAR founder Bill France, Sr., who coined it “the Greatest Race Track in the World.” At a mammoth 2.66-miles with 33 degrees of banking in the turns, it is NASCAR’s Most Competitive venue. The “Fun” track prides itself on being family friendly, especially with the introduction of the Talladega Garage Experience in 2019 where guests are immersed into motorsports like never before. The host of two major NASCAR weekends a year, the iconic ribbon of asphalt is easy accessible off I-20, located between Birmingham, AL, and Atlanta, GA.
Guest Services Gate Ambassadors are an important part of the Talladega Experience. Members work at Admission Gates, Tunnels, or the Infield Crossover Gate depending on qualifications and interest. Each area is responsible for bringing our Guests an unforgettable racing experience.
Responsibilities at the Admission Gates:
- Properly scanning each Guests ticket for valid access into the facility.
- Properly checking each Guests credential for valid access into the facility.
- Checking vehicles for valid access into the facility at corresponding vehicle entry points.
- Assisting Guests with accurate directions and any other assistance on property.
- All other duties assigned.
Responsibilities at the Tunnels/Crossover Gate:
- Checking each vehicle for valid access into the infield.
- Checking each RV for any items that are prohibited from entrance into the infield campgrounds.
- Checking each Person’s Ticket or Credential for valid access into the infield.
- All other duties assigned
- Must be friendly, enthusiastic, and personable
- Customer service experience preferred
- Strong communication skills
- Must learn quickly and be trainable
- Ability to work in a fast-paced & high stress environment
- Ability to be on feet for extended periods of time (8-12 hours)
- Ability to work outside in variable seasonal weather conditions
- Ability to work with others and take direction
- Must be able to work nights, weekends and holidays as assigned
- Must follow dress code and have a clean, presentable appearance at all times.
Gate Ambassadors are ONLY a seasonal/temporary event based position. Main events run September 29 - October 3rd. Possible smaller events throughout the year. Shift length: 8-12 hours depending on specific event needs and event conditions.
We are a company unlike any other. We want you to bring your experience, skills and passion to our close-knit, high-energy environment in which our employees thrive and where you can prosper. We know the key to our success is our employees and we offer highly competitive salaries, a solid benefits package focused on wellness, and opportunities for you to grow and develop both personally and professionally. It won’t take you long to find out that you are on the right track here at NASCAR!
NASCAR is committed to fostering a diverse work environment where all employees feel valued and empowered. NASCAR is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO). We seek to attract and retain the best qualified people available. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, disability, religion, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy, veteran status or any basis that is protected by applicable law except where a bona fide occupational qualification exists.