Located within five hours (300 miles) of 25 percent of the U.S. population, Watkins Glen International is the premier road racing facility in North America, three-times voted “Best NASCAR Track” by readers of USA Today. The Glen hosts a diverse portfolio of premier sports car, open wheel and stock car races throughout the year.
This is an event position: Part time (8 – 40 hours per week); General Hours: 6:00am-2:00pm, 2:00pm-10pm, 10:00pm-6:00am; (Hours may change during events).
Duration of Position: April - November
- Common sense, good judgment and the ability to think logically
- Reliability and punctuality. If you commit to a date, be there and on time
- Knowledge of the Gate 2 Security Handbook
- Stay attentive to observe and report suspicious activity at race track
- Ability to work as a team member.
Gate 2 Responsibilities:
- Greet and screen all incoming vehicles with courtesy and professionalism
- Be knowledgeable of all badges and credentials
- Maintain proper traffic movement, entering or leaving WGI via Gate 2
- Be fully knowledgeable of WGI, the infield locations and current activities
- Maintain and control access waivers including parental consent waivers for minors
- Screen and announce appointments as they arrive
- Maintain the appearance of the Gate 2 area
- Assist tourists, visitors, competitors and spectators entering via Gate 2
- Fulfill and additional requirements and assignments as given
- Valid driver’s license required
- Security Guard license preferred, but not required
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds unassisted
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time
We are a company unlike any other. We want you to bring your experience, skills and passion to our close-knit, high-energy environment in which our employees thrive and where you can prosper. We know the key to our success is our employees and we offer highly competitive salaries, a solid benefits package focused on wellness, and opportunities for you to grow and develop both personally and professionally. It won’t take you long to find out that you are on the right track here at NASCAR!
NASCAR is committed to fostering a diverse work environment where all employees feel valued and empowered. NASCAR is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO). We seek to attract and retain the best qualified people available. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, disability, religion, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy, veteran status or any basis that is protected by applicable law except where a bona fide occupational qualification exists.