Do you want to work for a Championship organization? We have the job for you! The Miami HEAT Broadcast Services team is seeking a Part-Time Lighting Technician! This role's primary responsibility is to provide special effect lighting support across a range of live events for the HEAT Group: Miami HEAT NBA Basketball games, Concerts, Special Corporate and Marketing Events. This position preserves and implements the Lighting Director’s programmed vision, and artistic integrity of the production/presentation according to the lighting needs of the presentation and the Arena’s safety policies and procedures.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: The following are examples of the various functions required. The job requirements are not limited to the items on this list.
- Assists the Lighting Director with board programming, instrument focus, cable maintenance and spotlights.
- Arrangement and focusing of lights.
- Rigging and operating vital lighting equipment.
- Use and operate manual and computer-controlled lighting systems during the show.
- Installing and mounting lighting controls, devices, and components
- Sets up and operates Super Trooper follow spots
- Assists with load-in, set-up, strike and load-out of shows.
- Keeping and ensuring lighting equipment in a good and safe working condition.
- Assist with maintenance of lighting equipment: Assembling, installing, testing, and maintaining electrical or electronic lighting components.
- Develop a detailed knowledge of Lighting Hardware and Systems
- Assist Broadcast Services Department implement audio-visual requirements for events:
- PowerPoint presentations, audio and videoconferences.
- Set up & support press conferences
- The position involves a high degree of exposure, working with all levels of staffing and visitors including executive management and other high profile figures to provide live event services.
- The Lighting Technician may assist with pre-event planning and resource scheduling, technical briefing, live event management, technical delivery and post-event wrap-up.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- We are seeking someone who can become better at taking direction, personable, and comfortable working closely with a crew for hours at a time.
- Demonstrate the ability to work well under pressure, be self-motivated and provide a positive work environment.
- Maintain a safe working environment at all times, by adhering to all established safety guidelines and measures; participate in all required safety classes and emergency rescue procedure trainings.
- Observe safe wiring practices and maintain equipment, in accordance with industry standards for safe operations;
- We would want this person to maintain a flexible schedule for special events, rehearsals/training, maintenance, and performances.
- Strong interpersonal skills, time management skills and attention to detail.
- Must have technical experience in all aspects of electrical, lighting, theatrical rigging, and stage management.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree, or foreign equivalent preferred. Must have high school diploma and/or currently attending Trade School with academics associated to Lighting. We would prefer at least 2 years of previous experience as a professional Lighting Technician or equivalent training. Proven understanding of digital test equipment for troubleshooting and repairs. Comprehension of basic principles of AC/DC electricity, basic electronics, and computer operations, as it pertains to lighting systems. Experience with AutoCAD preferred. Working knowledge and/or previous experience working with NBA, NCAA, and promoters such as AEG Live, Live Nation, FELD Entertainment, and other concert and family show promoters preferred. Experience with Grandma 2 console and/or software.
Successful candidate(s) will be required to comply with The HEAT Group Vaccination Policy.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender/gender identity, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, genetic information, national origin, citizenship status, veteran status, and any other legally protected status entitled to protection under federal, state, or local anti-discrimination laws. EOE & DFWP