The Network Engineer is responsible for safeguarding the Company’s data, software, and hardware, by performing regular scans to sniff out malware or viruses that may have infected any of the hardware, keeping Company firewalls up-to-date to prevent external attacks, running penetration scans, monitoring the network, and making changes to improve security. The Network Enginer's scope of responsibly includes maintaining the network infrastructure routers, switches, and WiFi.
In This Role You Will
- Provide operational support for WAN, LAN and WLAN networks and datacenter technologies.
- Manage and troubleshoot network switches, routers, next gen firewalls and load balancers.
- Monitor and maintain security consoles, network monitoring and SIEM engine.
- Manage and troubleshoot arena High Density wireless network (UI APs).
- Effectively monitor, diagnose, troubleshoot, and resolve network issues - proactively identifying, isolating, and resolving network problems to reduce impact.
- Ensure network performance and availability meets organizational objectives.
- Work with the IT team to identify, evaluate and implement technical security controls to continuously improve the organization’s security posture and ensure compliance with organizational security policies and practices.
- Proactively recommend and initiate network projects to benefit organizational objectives.
- Track and monitor changes and problems to ensure accurate change / resolution logs.
- Maintain orderly and organized network cable management in data center and IDFs.
- Provide on-call support as required for all network and other technical issues.
- Maintain VMWare, VSAN, Synology and Veeam Backup software.
- Assist with Disaster Recovery planning and maintaining the DR facility.
- Troubleshoot hardware and software errors by running diagnostics, documenting problems and resolution, prioritizing problems, and assessing impact of issues.
- Provide network support on game day and/or event day setup, as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned or requested.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, information systems or related field, coupled with at least seven years of related experience.
- 3+ years' engineering and deployment experience designing and/or supporting WLAN and LAN/WAN technologies.
- 5 - 7 years' experience with routers, switches, VPN and firewalls.
- Thorough understanding of WLAN architecture and authentication, security and network management.
- Experience with WLAN services including Guest Access, Secure Mobility, 802.1x, and Location Based Services.
- Knowledge of scripting languages such as Powershell, VB scripting, Python.
- Experience in the setup, tuning and management of next gen firewalls.
- Advanced technical skills and proficient knowledge of VMWare, VSAN, Synology and Veeam Backup software.
- Working knowledge of Cisco, F5, Fortinet and Ubiquiti Networks.
- Experience with Layer 2 technologies (Spanning Tree, VTP, 802.1Q, Dynamic/Private Vlans).
- Familiarity with Layer 3 routing (BGP, EIGRP, OSPF, HSRP, VRRP).
- Experience with enterprise monitoring applications.
- Experience with Network Access Control (NAC).
- Strong understanding of network security concepts, technologies, and trends.
- Possess an outgoing personality suited to providing exceptional customer service, solving problems, and a commitment to continuous self-improvement.
- Ability to learn, problem solve, and project manage.
- Strong knowledge of effectively managing helpdesk and IT operations best practices.
- Works well under high-pressure situations.
- Able to support all live events and daily operations at FedExForum.
- Able to respond to emergencies as needed. May be required for after-hours projects and on-call duty.
- Able to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays as needed.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Nice to Have:
- Knowledge and passion of NBA Basketball.
With or without accommodation
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift at least 25 pounds at a time.
- Ability to read, write, and interpret information.
- Ability to use hands to manipulate, handle, and feel.
- Must possess visual activity, i.e.: close, distance, and color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Continuous stretching, standing, and walking, including up and downstairs.
- Ability to reach, lift, stoop, bend, push, pull, twist, sit, and climb.
What We Offer:
At the Memphis Grizzlies, we strive to support our team members through all stages of life with robust and attractive benefits, financial and wellness options and great perks. In addition to offering a competitive salary, we have other great benefits and perks.
Keeping You Healthy
- Industry leading health coverage
- Short and Long-term disability
- Team Member and Dependent Life Insurance
- Group Voluntary Benefits
- Wellness programs through EAP and Headspace
Discounts and Perks
- Matching 401(k)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Team Store Discounts
- Happy Hours and other fun activities
- Free parking and game night meals
- NBA Sponsored Discount Programs
- Employee Referral Bonuses
- Employee Recognition Programs
Taking Time Off
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay
- Paid Paternity Leave
Memphis Basketball LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to treating all applicants and team members fairly based on their abilities, achievements and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other classification protected by law.