The SF Replay Operator will support daily replay tasks in a multitude of ways. Operators will be in charge of testing and operating gear that can be used to handle live replay reviews for each and every one of MLB’s ballparks. On top of these tasks, they will be in charge of handling administrative duties which includes documenting an assortment of data to be used for furthering department initiatives.
Responsibilities Include But Are Not Limited To
- Verification of communication systems pregame between stadiums.
- Document replay specific data into spreadsheets and other documents.
- Operate playback of replay video for analysis purposes.
- Identify and document ballpark camera angles.
- Monitor live baseball game for reviews.
- Assist in the resolution of a live replay review for MLB game if needed.
- Quality control of department wide data
- Strong knowledge of MLB rules, replay regulations, and baseball specific language.
- Must be very detailed oriented.
- Schedule Flexibility (Weekends/evening availability required).
- Must be able to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Must be able to communicate clearly, multitask, and prioritize.
- Must be able to operate and handle live fast-paced & high-pressure situations.
- Working knowledge of Mac OS and Microsoft Excel.
- Experience in live video and/or production is a plus.
- Experience with python, R, or SQL a plus.
- Looking for a candidate to work 3-5 days a week.
- Weekend and evening availability a must.
- Compensation is paid at an hourly rate.
All in-office and ballpark-based positions are subject to MLB's mandatory Covid-19 vaccine policy