Major League Baseball is committed to creating the best fan experience in professional sports. We strive to harness the awesome storytelling power of baseball to help people enjoy the National Pastime in a way that matters to today’s fans. We are seeking a Product Manager to join our team and help us achieve that mission.
In this role, you will join a team of dedicated product managers to work with our partners in design, engineering and business to serve our customers. Our team’s portfolio of products includes MLB Play, Beat the Streak, Quick Pick and more. You’ll work alongside product managers that bring innovative products to life like MLB FieldVision and MLB Stories.
Our ideal Product Manager knows how to shepherd great products from nascent ideas to impactful outcomes that solve customer problems.
- Work directly with fans and different stakeholders to understand their needs and how we can solve for them
- Work with key stakeholders to prioritize requirements from competing business interests and build consensus
- Balance between product ideation and execution, with a “fail fast” mentality and flexibility as we pursue innovative experiences for our users.
- Effectively support the product design, engineering and test engineering teams throughout sprint cycles by proactively removing roadblocks
- Build and manage relationships with a diverse set of stakeholders, including product owners, ad operations, sponsorship sales, external vendors and executives
- Define key performance indicators for product features and actively analyze data and customer feedback
- Keep a pulse on the sports, media, and entertainment best practices and trends, to create best-in-class products
You may be a good fit if you have:
- 2+ years of experience as a product owner supporting consumer-facing products
- Experience with user research and the full product development lifecycle
- Examples of shipped products that show a data-inspired strategy and analytics influenced decision making.
- Have experience working with a major sports league or sports media
- An appreciation for baseball and a firm comprehension of its history, rules, and culture
- An eye for visual design, and basic Photoshop skills
- A rich understanding of software engineering ecosystems and related technologies such as REST API’s, Push Notification Services, oAuth, JSON
- Compelling communicator and storyteller skills with strong written, verbal and presentation skills
This is a unique opportunity to make a first-class impact on deepening the relationship between MLB and its 70M+ fans in a digital environment in a growing industry.
Working at MLB
Major League Baseball (MLB) is the most historic of the major professional sports leagues in the United States and Canada. Employees love working at MLB because of the culture of growth, teamwork, and professionalism. Employees who are most successful at MLB take initiative, know how to identify problems and provide solutions, and always put the Team first. For those ready to step up to the plate and join the Major Leagues, MLB takes the same approach as teams do with their players: empowering them to be at their best by engineering experiences that put employees in the best position to succeed. Major League Baseball is looking for candidates who are passionate about growing America’s pastime to best serve its fans for decades to come.
MLB’s vision is to be the global sport of choice for youth to play, fans of all backgrounds to enjoy and a desired destination for employment. With a belief that the journey to growth and greatness is ongoing, MLB gives employees the opportunity to continue learning and honing their skills with programs such as: tuition reimbursement; mentorship programs; lunch and learns; online course subscriptions; paid industry certifications; business resource groups; and more.
MLB provides its employees with exceptional medical, dental, and vision coverage. Premiums are 100% employer-covered to help employees focus on being their best!
All in-office and ballpark-based positions are subject to MLB's mandatory Covid-19 vaccine policy