MLB Network seeks a Logger to view and database live baseball and/or hockey game broadcasts, MLB/NHL Network studio programming, exclusive shoot footage, archival footage from the MLB library, etc., using the DIAMOND Logging System. Responsibilities include logging all on-field/on-ice events that occur during the course of each game, and all pre and post-game content. Logger must show a high-level knowledge of baseball and/or hockey and have ability to work effectively in a dynamic, fast-paced live environment.
- Pay diligent attention to on field/on ice action of assigned broadcast and accurately and rapidly reflect game content in assigned database systems.
- Effectively and accurately log and database MLB, MiLB and/or NHL game broadcasts, post-game melt footage, interviews and press conferences using the DIAMOND Logging System.
- Effectively and accurately log MLB Network and NHL Network daily studio programing, including the identifying and tracking of various promotional and advertorial campaigns.
- Effectively and accurately log exclusive MLB and NHL shoot footage for features and documentaries, including long form interviews, wired players/coaches, and specialty shots of game action/B-Roll.
- Effectively and accurately log archival footage from the MLB Footage Library as it is digitized into the DIAMOND system and needed for various programing.
- Effectively and accurately log commercial insertion for MiLB games.
- Effectively and accurately capture pace of game metrics to support League Office efforts.
- Communicate significant moments in assigned games that need to be pointed out for potential inclusion in live programming.
- Create video collections in DIAMOND for potential future use by Production personnel.
- Other such duties as required.
It is expected that the Logger will maintain and increase knowledge of the Production discipline as well as the business on an ongoing basis.
Skills & Experience:
The ideal candidate must have most if not all of the following skills and experiences:
- 0 to 1 years’ experience or related business experience is required.
- Must demonstrate a passion for and deep knowledge of baseball/hockey.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills. Strong spelling skills are a must.
- Effectively utilize Diamond Logger and other assigned computer programs.
- Be extremely organized, demonstrate initiative and an ability to complete multiple assignments in a timely manner.
- Individual must work well in a dynamic environment and be able to recommend and implement process improvements, work independently and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Demonstrate the tact, diplomacy, decisiveness, and superior people skills required in a pressurized live television environment.
- Possess the visual acuity to produce required content.
- Possess auditory acuity to effectively listen to instructions via Riedel system, phones, etc.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
- Possess the manual dexterity to effectively operate keyboard/mouse on computers, edit equipment, etc.
- Ability to lift up to 10 pounds.
- Ability to navigate distances of various lengths within the work environment.
A Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Broadcast Journalism or a related major is highly preferred.
All in-office and ballpark-based positions are subject to MLB's mandatory Covid-19 vaccine policy