MLB Network seeks a Freelance Broadcast Associate, Edit (BA) to provide support to the entire production process, as assigned. The BA, Edit must have basic content productions skills, a strong passion for and knowledge of baseball/hockey and an exceptional work ethic.
- Under the direction of the designated Highlight Supervisor (Hi Supe), produce and edit assigned video elements to be aired on MLB Network and posted to various Digital, Streaming and Social platforms including Voice Overs (VOs), Sound On Tape (SOTs), Teases and Highlights.
- Write Shot Sheets for on-air Talent.
- Assist in various areas of production as needed.
- Other such duties as required.
It is expected that the Broadcast Associate, Edit will maintain and increase knowledge in the Production discipline as well as the business on an ongoing basis.
Skills & Experience:
The ideal candidate must have most if not all of the following skills and experiences:
- 0 to 3 years’ experience or related business experience is required.
- Must have experience with Adobe Premier or like editing software.
- Effectively utilize Adobe Premiere Edit Software, Diamond Logger, ENPS and other editing computer programs.
- Must demonstrate a passion for and deep knowledge of baseball/hockey.
- Ability to work on-site and on a flexible schedule, including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Be extremely organized, demonstrate initiative and an ability to complete multiple assignments in a timely manner.
- Individual must work well in a dynamic environment and be able to recommend and implement process improvements, work independently and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Demonstrate the tact, diplomacy, decisiveness, and superior people skills required in a pressurized live television environment.
- Possess the visual acuity to work in darkened edit rooms for extended periods of time to produce required content.
- Possess auditory acuity to effectively listen to instructions via Riedel system, phones, etc.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
- Possess the manual dexterity to effectively operate keyboard/mouse on computers, edit equipment, etc.
- Ability to lift up to 10 pounds.
- Ability to navigate distances of various lengths within the work environment.
Education: A Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Broadcast Journalism or a related major is highly preferred.
All in-office and ballpark-based positions are subject to MLB's mandatory Covid-19 vaccine policy