On behalf of the MLB Youth Academy, the athletic trainer will be able to demonstrate an ability to perform the following functions regarding athletic injuries: prevention, assessment, treatment, (including first aide) and reconditioning as set forth by the NATA Board of certification.
- Obtain an intimate knowledge of all facets of athletic training and human development, and coordinate coverage of baseball and softball activities at the MLB Youth Academy, including workouts, leagues, tournaments, field rentals, etc.
- Recruit and coordinate athletic training for the purpose of injury prevention and interpersonal development
- Coordinate athletic training vocational programming in conjunction with outside resources of the Academy
- Communicate upcoming training classes and recruit athletes for vocational training courses
- Assist coordinator of administration with the development, completion, and distribution of appropriate medical documentation
- Liaison with local medical services and doctors to ensure the wellbeing of Academy members
- Work with local universities to place students into viable athletic training programs and be a resource to train student trainers
- Help to find trainers for vocational and student development
Required education and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in health related field
- Certified by the National Athletic Trainers' Association
- Curriculum development background
- Administration oriented
- Working knowledge of Word and Excel
- Team player
- Athletic background
- Detail oriented
- Coaching or scouting experience
Travel – 25% local overnight travel expected around All Star and Spring Break events.
All in-office and ballpark-based positions are subject to MLB's mandatory Covid-19 vaccine policy