MLB Network seeks a Freelance Associate Producer (AP), Graphics, with strong knowledge of television production as well as a passion for and deep knowledge of MLB and NHL The ideal candidate will have mastered required Broadcast Associate (BA) responsibilities
- Building and prepping graphics for studio shows, both daily and long term.
- Work independently on projects, and/or collaborate with outside departments within MLBN/NHLN (e.g., Creative Services, Sales, Operations, Promos).
- Understand and effectively execute all Sales obligations.
- As directed by Coordinating Producer, Graphics, supervise the Broadcast Associates during daytime, evening or weekend shifts.
- Provide consistent feedback and instruction to Graphics Broadcast Associates.
- Submit accurate, daily show reports on a timely basis.
- Show leadership as the “point person” in the department for Producers/Coordinating Producers to communicate through.
- Have an intimate technical knowledge of the GCR infrastructure and be able to handle basic troubleshooting if a technical issue arises.
- Communicate with various department representatives including, but not limited to, those of Studio Production, Sales and Marketing, Creative Services, Programming and BAM to properly implement requested graphics content and to distribute that information to members of the Production department to help ensure optimal graphics accuracy and effectiveness.
- Plan ahead for content related to upcoming notable events on the MLB and NHL calendars so that the group has graphics content prepared in advance for those occasions.
- Other such duties as required.
Skills & Experience:
Must have most if not all of the following skills and experiences:
- 2 to 4 years sports television production experience or related business experience is preferred.
- Possess a deep knowledge of and passion for MLB and NHL.
- Have an intimate knowledge of our studio programming, both MLBN and NHLN.
- Have an expert knowledge of both MLB and NHL and the players in both leagues.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, including excellent spelling and grammar.
- Be extremely organized, demonstrate initiative and an ability to complete multiple assignments in a timely manner with tight deadlines.
- Individual must work well in a dynamic environment and be able to recommend and implement process improvements, work independently and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Demonstrate the tact, diplomacy, decisiveness, and superior people skills required in a pressurized live television environment.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Ability to sit/stand for extended periods of time.
- Possess the visual acuity to work in darkened control rooms for extended periods of time to produce required content.
- Possess auditory acuity to effectively listen to instructions via Riedel system, phones, etc.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
- Possess the manual dexterity to effectively operate keyboard/mouse on computers, edit equipment, etc.
- Ability to lift up to 10 pounds.
- Ability to navigate distances of various lengths within the work environment.
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- Communications or Journalism or related major is preferred.
All in-office and ballpark-based positions are subject to MLB's mandatory Covid-19 vaccine policy