The Rams Merchandise and Retail Marketing Intern is responsible for supporting the Merchandise and Retail team with day-to-day operational and administrative needs. In this role, you will have the unique opportunity to learn about the merchandise and retail world of the NFL from the lens of a super bowl championship team. The Merchandise and Retail Intern will be expected to learn internal processes for promotional orders, internal merchandise requests, and gifting activities. This candidate will need to work cross functionally within the organization to manage and facilitate departmental merchandise needs. Merchandise is a thread that weaves through the entire organization and this role is crucial for keeping it strong and consistent.
- Support overall merchandising and retail activities throughout the length of the season, both internally and externally
- Handle day-to-day tasks relating to promo and retail orders, including, but not limited to, price procurement and creative requests
- Help support workflow of collaboration assignments, deliverables and logistics.
- Monitor industry trends, identify best practices of competing sports, and drive internal innovation within the organization
- Build strong, trusting and open relationships with internal counterparts as well as with external vendors to deliver quality results within budgeted parameters
- Manage sales insights and successes for recap reports and summaries
- Track season long marketing assets and contractual fulfillments for retail partners
- Participates in and contributes to the Rams culture and events to provide on-site support when needed.
Role Qualifications (Skills/Experience/Capabilities):
- High-energy, proactive approach in completing projects
- Demonstrated ability to work on a diverse scope of projects requiring detailed analysis, creative/practical problem solving, and sound judgment
- Ability to operate and communicate effectively in a team-oriented and collaborative environment
- Strong analytical capabilities, Excel and PowerPoint proficiency
- Strong understanding of merchandise buying and basic math/financial skills
- Intermediate skill level in MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast pace and dynamic environment
The Los Angeles Rams are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We strive to create a sense of belonging for all employees by fostering a culture of respect and inclusion, empowering everyone to be their true selves.