Based primarily at Leicester City’s new state-of-the-art training ground in Seagrave, north Leicestershire, the Housekeeping Supervisor will assist the Executive Housekeeper with the planning, organisation and supervision of the LCFC housekeeping team and external contractors operating at the training ground facility, assuring the highest degree of cleaning and customer care is consistently delivered.
Who We’re Looking For
The ideal candidate will have significant experience of working in a similar housekeeping supervisory role that also manages external contractors.
Organisation, accuracy, integrity and attention to detail are all essential qualities that the successful applicant will be able to demonstrate.
Reporting into the Executive Housekeeper, the main duties of this role will be to:
- Liaise with the Supervisor of the external cleaning contractors, to distribute daily tasks and areas that have been used.
- To take responsibility of the Housekeeping Department to include a quality driven cleaning regime of all offices, washroom/toilets, hydrotherapy areas, changing rooms, external areas, and associated car parks. Delivering a pristine cleaning service.
- Carry out general cleaning duties including mopping, sweeping, dusting, polishing, vacuuming, emptying bins and removing waste along with any other duties requested by Operations/Housekeeping management.
- Promote the maintenance of a safe environment.
- Be responsible for the efficient and effective operation of the housekeeping department in the absence of the Executive Housekeeper, ensuring high-level standards of cleanliness are maintained.
- Remove from service any defective apparatus and report the issue to the Housekeeping and Operation Managers.
- Deliver instruction, information and training to external housekeeping operatives ensuring safety in the workplace is effectively maintained.
- Monitor and check works completed by the external housekeeping operatives.
- Report any issues regarding performance, staff and attendance to the Executive Housekeeper.
- Comply with health, safety and welfare legislative requirements.
- Advise the Executive Housekeeper of any abnormalities which may rise within the department.
- Ensure a high standard of personal hygiene, cleanliness and presentation is maintained by housekeeping staff.
- Attend training seminars which the club may wish to introduce to ensure maintenance of a safe environment in the workplace.
- Liaise with other training ground departments and management teams.
About The Club
Knowing some of the history of Leicester City Football Club helps you appreciate the sense of community, spirit and family for which the Foxes are renowned for.
Formed in 1884, the Club has been in the Premier League since 2014 when the Foxes were promoted as Championship winners. In 2016, Leicester City became Premier League champions. This remarkable achievement qualified them for the UEFA Champions League for the first time in the Club’s history, and the Foxes went on to reach the quarter-finals of the competition. The Club continues to build on that success and celebrated lifting the prestigious FA Cup in May 2021.
Under the stewardship of King Power and the Club’s CEO Susan Whelan, Leicester City Football Club is deeply committed to the local community and its supporters and continually strives to ensure that every point of engagement with fans is truly world class including the experience on matchdays. Meanwhile, investment in the Club continues, with the recent opening of a new state-of-the-art training ground in north Leicestershire.
Ultimately, the Club’s vision is as exciting as it is simple: we believe that together, it’s possible. We value and respect individual difference and recognise that the diversity of our staff contributes to our success off the pitch. Our inclusive culture and approach is supported by our Stonewall Diversity Champions partnership, our Time to Change pledge and our status as a Disability Confident employer.
Leicester City Football Club offers a competitive salary and pension scheme with life assurance to all its permanent employees. Employees are able to benefit from free onsite parking as well as an onsite subsidised staff restaurant. Employees also benefit from up to 33 days of annual leave including bank holidays.
Contract Type – Permanent (Part-Time)
Hours Per Week – 30
Leicester City Football Club is an equal opportunities employer and we positively welcome applications from all candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity or expression, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
Leicester City Football Club is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. As such, you may be subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure via the Disclosure & Barring Service and prior to taking up any role.
Suitable candidates will be interviewed as and when they apply, the role will be shut down as soon as a suitable candidate has been sourced.
If you feel you have the qualities and experience we are looking for please apply by sending an application form, along with a covering letter, by email to [email protected] To progress your application, candidates must also complete an Equality Monitoring Form; this will be treated in confidence to your application and will aid LCFC in our obligations and commitments to support diversity and inclusion.