Looking for an internship that allows you to gain valuable, hands-on experience in the professional sports industry? If so, we have an opportunity with the Houston Texans!
The mission of the Houston Texans Draft Class program is to provide chosen future sports professionals the opportunity to gain valuable hands-on experience in the professional sports industry through exposure throughout the Houston Texans organization. The chosen future sports professional will make meaningful contributions to Houston Texans business and/or football operations through in-depth meaningful curriculum and experiences.
The Houston Texans are seeking an individual for the position of Digital Video Intern.
Culture: We attract the best and brightest professionals by nurturing core ideals such as character, hard work, discipline, and teamwork. We reward performances and demand a total commitment to excellence and a will to win in everything that we choose to do.
Basic Function: Assist with all Club video production activities including, but not limited to weekly TV shows, TV specials and digital content.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Shoot and edit Club-related events and activities, including but not limited to player practices, player interviews, press conferences, player community appearances, corporate sponsor events and mascot and cheerleader appearances for video board use at Club home games as well as for use by television affiliates, the Club website and social media.
- Perform gameday duties to include, but not be limited to, producing and editing video footage of pre-game activities, on-field game highlights and post-game press conferences for live video streaming on Club website and social media.
- Conceptualize, shoot and edit features for web, television and social media.
- Provide media relations personnel with player/coach sound bites and b-roll to be distributed via FTP as needed.
- Assist with ingesting, organizing and archiving NFL films and digital video footage.
- Perform various other duties from time to time as assigned by the Videographer and Lead producer and Senior Director of TV and Digital Media.
- Position requires routine face-to-face personal interaction with other Club personnel; therefore, job responsibilities must be physically performed in the Club offices and not in a telecommuting manner.
- Knowledge of AVID non-linear editing systems and various graphics programs such as Adobe After Effects and PhotoShop.
- Knowledge and ability to use various types of digital video cameras and production equipment.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
- Effective verbal, written and interpersonal communications.
- Ability to maintain attention to detail and to produce high-quality work in accordance with directions given.
- Ability to be consistently prompt and dependable.
- Ability to maintain attention to detail and ability to work effectively under pressure and within deadlines.
- Display strong interpersonal skills and the ability to create and maintain solid working relationships.
- Ability to maintain confidential and/or proprietary information.
- Ability and internal drive to demonstrate a positive, winning attitude and a strong work ethic in the performance of all job responsibilities.
- Proficiency in use of Microsoft Office software applications.
Subject to reasonable accommodations, position requires routine face-to-face personal interaction with staff, peers, and other Club and therefore, job responsibilities must be physically performed in the Club offices and not in a telecommuting manner.
Travel requirements: Occasional local travel associated with event preparation and execution.
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year accredited college or university, preferred.
- Prior experience in either professional or college sports video production preferred.
Title: Digital Video Intern
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Department: In-House TV
Reports to: Videographer and Lead Producer
Please note that while resumes of all candidates will be considered, as a way for the Texans organization to acknowledge and reciprocate the tremendous support given the Team by local fans and the local community in general, qualified candidates with permanent addresses in the Houston metropolitan and surrounding areas will be given first consideration whenever possible.
If your skills and experience match our available position requirements, a Human Resources representative will contact you directly. Due to the volume of resumes received by the Houston Texans, we are unable to provide updates on the status of individual applications.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.