The mission of the Houston Texans Foundation is to be Champions for youth. Because we believe the youth are the champions of our future, we are dedicated to enhancing their quality of life. Through our fundraising efforts, we support and administer programs in education, character development and health and wellness to empower our next generation of Texans. Since 2002, more than $37 million has been raised through fundraising events, disaster-response efforts, our annual United Way campaign, and our partnership with nonprofit organizations on gameday.
The Houston Texans are seeking an individual for the position of 50/50 Jackpot Fundraising Representative. The 50/50 Jackpot Fundraising Representative is responsible for enthusiastically promoting and selling 50/50 jackpot tickets to fans who are 18 years of age or older at Club home games.
Our Texans Teammate Habits:
- Dedication to the team
- Be adaptable
- Passion for work
- Win with integrity
- Own the outcome
Culture: We attract the best and brightest professionals by nurturing core ideals such as character, hard work, discipline, and teamwork. We reward performances and demand a total commitment to excellence and a will to win in everything that we choose to do.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Effectively communicate and deliver information regarding the Houston Texans Foundation programs and initiatives.
- Attend all Club home games and sell 50/50 jackpot tickets to fans who are 18 years of age or older utilizing the Club’s electronic system.
- Exhibit an outgoing personality, approaching fans pregame and in-game with sales pitches to encourage the purchase of jackpot tickets.
- Accurately handle large amounts of cash transactions and distribution of jackpot tickets.
- Reconcile and report total jackpot ticket sales and total jackpot ticket proceeds to designated Houston Texans Foundation staff at end of the jackpot each game.
- Perform various other duties from time to time as assigned by any Houston Texans Foundation staff.
- Demonstrate a winning attitude and a strong work ethic in the performance of all job responsibilities.
- Strong verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Outgoing personality with ability to interact and engage with fan base.
- Ability to work effectively as a team member and independently.
- Ability to maintain confidential and/or proprietary information.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks in a high-energy environment.
- Interest in sports philanthropy or nonprofit fundraising a plus.
- Job requires walking around and standing for prolonged periods of time in various Club premises in and around NRG Stadium and NRG Park, as may be assigned.
Travel requirements: None.
Position requires routine face-to-face personal interaction with other Club personnel; therefore, job responsibilities must be physically performed in the Club offices and/or various other Club premises in NRG Park as may be assigned and not in a telecommuting manner.
Potential Additional Bonuses/Benefits:
- Cash Bonuses
- Autographed items
- Additional Team Incentives
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Customer service experience preferred.
- Prior experience in professional or collegiate football or other sport operations preferred.
Title: 50/50 Jackpot Fundraising Representative
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Department: Community Development
Reports to: Senior Houston Texans Foundation Coordinator
Please note that while resumes of all candidates will be considered, as a way for the Texans organization to acknowledge and reciprocate the tremendous support given the Team by local fans and the local community in general, qualified candidates with permanent addresses in the Houston metropolitan and surrounding areas will be given first consideration whenever possible.
If your skills and experience match our available position requirements, a Human Resources representative will contact you directly. Due to the volume of resumes received by the Houston Texans, we are unable to provide updates on the status of individual applications.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.