The field maintenance/groundskeeper position plays a vital role maintaining our “best-in-class” playing surface at Minute Maid Park.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Perform general baseball field maintenance, including: preparing, maintaining, and repairing all field, bullpen, and batting cage areas as needed, mound and plate repair, painting, warning track maintenance, batting practice set-up and tear down, tarp pulling, etc.
- Perform turf grass management including: mowing, edging, sodding, aerating, topdressing, irrigation repairs, as well as assisting with fertilizer and pest control applications
- General equipment repair and maintenance
- Various other duties as required
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Experience in playing field maintenance of professional baseball sports stadiums.
- Possess a strong ability to problem solve
- Ability to lift, carry and transport up to 50lb.
- Must have superb attention to detail.
- Exceptional written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Must be able to work day, night, weekends and holidays.
- Uphold Core Values: trust, integrity and excellence.
This job operates in a stadium setting. The noise level is usually moderate but can be loud within the stadium environment. This job will be expected to work indoor and outdoor in moderate weather conditions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee will be required to carry and move equipment up to 60 lbs., and up to 75 lbs. at times. Ability to use/operate typical grounds keeping hand tools, implements, and power tools on a regular basis, for long periods of time.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
Ability to work a flexible schedule, including; extended hours, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
Travel is not expected in this role.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.