Please note, as a condition of employment, COVID-19 vaccination (at least the initiation of the process) is required prior to start date. Accommodations for medical or religious reasons will be considered.
The Client Support primary role is to provide level one and level two technical support for the Houston Astros organization, its affiliates and Foundation. This includes troubleshooting over the phone, configuring, and deploying workstations, actively resolving end user requests and escalating incidents when considered appropriate and necessary to maintain SLA expectations. Problem resolution may involve the use of diagnostic and incident tracking tools, as well as require that the individual provide support over the phone, or give in-person, hands-on help at the desktop end-point level.
- Perform hands-on or remote fixes at the end-point level, including installing and upgrading software, installing hardware, and configuring devices and applications.
- Prioritize and schedule incidents. Escalate problem to the appropriately experienced support person, as needed.
- Record, track and document the request problem-solving process, including all successful and unsuccessful decisions made, and actions taken, through to final resolution.
- Deploy hardware and software upgrades, including desktop imaging.
- Support for Windows 10, MAC OS and Apple iOS.
- Respond to incoming requests via the service management system and telephone to ensure courteous, timely and effective resolution of end user issues.
- Apply diagnostic utilities to aid in troubleshooting.
- Manage Microsoft Office 365 Administration including new hire and terminations, groups, email, and shared calendars.
- Polycom RealPresence Administration including adding and removing new Polycom hardware using Microsoft Teams
- Manage Desktop GPO Administration, including maintaining, removing, adding new policies.
- Manage Email Filter Administration requests including whitelisting.
- Mobile Device Management Administration using Intune and Apple Business Manager to manage mobile devices. Configure, deploy, manage and retire Apple devices including iPhones and iPads.
- Manage Printer Administration for fleet of HP and Konica printers, including working with support vendor.
- Manage Barco ClickShare devices including support of conference rooms.
- Asset Management including receiving, inventory, deployment, retrieval, and retirement of hardware. Assist in maintaining accurate operating inventories.
- Manage and take part in computer hardware moves.
- Retail Register Support including support of Retail Pro POS application and TSYS Genius devices.
- Manage desktop antivirus administration at the direction of the Security team.
- Assist Tier 3 with server and network operations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications: Required Competencies & Skills:
- Bachelor's degree and/or relevant and related work experience.
- 6+ years’ of relevant work experience.
- Strong knowledge of computer hardware, including printers, desktop and laptop computers, monitors, keyboards and mice, external hard drives, mobile devices and thumb-drives.
- Application support experience with Office 365 Administration, Azure Active Directory, Active Directory, Microsoft Office, Adobe, Windows 10, Multi-Factor Authentication and Antivirus products.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities with attention to detail.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Working knowledge of a range of diagnostic utilities.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on rapport-building, listening and questioning skills.
- Strong documentation skills.
- English fluency.
- Spanish fluency, preferred.
This job operates both outside in a baseball field and office setting. This role will involve being in the heat and on the individual’s feet for long periods of time. At times the noise could become excessive.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This role will require the individual to be physically moving, bending, lifting and walking for long periods of time. The role also requires:
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, power tools and other computer components.
- Lifting and transporting of moderately heavy objects, such as computers and peripherals up to 50 lbs.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
Ability to work a flexible schedule, including extended hours, evenings, weekends, and holidays. There is 80+ home games and Special Events that will need support. There is 24/7 on-call support rotation.
This position will travel. This is to include, but not limited to, attending Spring Training, and attending home and away games with the individuals assigned Affiliation.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.