About The Role
At Formula 1 our vision is to unleash the greatest racing spectacle on the planet. Our key to success is an organisation that values passion, integrity, and respect.
To help deliver against this global vision we are seeking an Editor to join our Creative Media team at Formula 1.
Reporting to the Executive Producer, this role is responsible for producing edited video content for Formula 1 at our Media and Technology Centre in Biggin Hill.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Work to a brief given by the Producer/Executive Producer, to edit video content for Formula 1 using Adobe Premiere. Particular focus on corporate, commercial, and broadcast VT packages.
- To edit, grade and audio-mix content to finished-program standard.
- To design and build graphical elements in Adobe After Effects, as and when required for edit projects.
- To edit and deliver F1 video content during race events at the Formula 1 Media & Technology Centre in Biggin Hill. This will involve working hours to suit the time zone of the race event (including night shifts).
- To keep abreast of the latest developments within F1 and maintain thorough knowledge of current results and stories in the sport.
- To always operate safely in line with Company health and safety requirements.
- To undertake other duties within your capabilities as your manager may assign to you from time to time
Experienced in editing TV/video content, you will have thorough knowledge of Adobe Premier and all aspects of Formula One motorsport.
Other essential skills include:
- Excellent communication skills
- Flexibility – the role will require weekend, evening, and night work, depending on the time zone of each race event.
- Ability to work well under time pressure.
- Ability to develop creative ideas with minimal need for supervision and direction
- High level of integrity and an ability to maintain confidentiality
- EU driving license
- Ability to travel if required
- Media Studies qualification with emphasis on TV postproduction.
- Advanced training in non-linear editing platforms, preferably Adobe Premiere & Adobe After Effects.
- Experience producing motorsport content.
- Thorough knowledge of Adobe After Effects.
- Broad knowledge and understanding of current TV production techniques and equipment
If you have the skills and experience required for this role and would like to be considered for the position, please follow the link, and apply online.
As a united team we achieve great things together. Are you ready to unleash your potential at F1?