We are dedicated to the beautiful game and its development in every corner of the world and in all of its aspects.
We are now looking for a Special Events Manager that is part of FIFA and supports us on our mission.
These are your key tasks:
- Leading the planning and implementation of FIFA Corporate Events such as the FIFA Congress, THE BEST FIFA Football Awards, FIFA Council Meetings, FIFA Summits and FIFA Internal Events. This includes media activities, social events and dinners, etc.
- Conceptual and structured planning of all of the operational concepts with internal and external parties
- Managing and controlling the event budget
- Preparing the necessary contractual basis in good time in cooperation with the FIFA Legal Division and monitoring compliance with these contracts
- Leading the project team and all internal and external stakeholders
- Leading all the suppliers incl. the event agencies
- Respecting deadlines in accordance with the internal regulations/statutes
- Planning and performing inspections and drafting corresponding reports containing measures, as well as monitoring the implementation of these measures
- Staging the event
- Preparing a comprehensive debriefing
How will you shape the role and make it your own?
We work hard at FIFA.
We are dedicated, ambitious and innovative.
And we respect our values. Always.
For all roles, we seek talented people with an entrepreneurial spirit and a global mindset.
The specific competencies we require for this position are:
- Several years' experience in event and/or project management
- At least five years project lead experience in an international event agency or corporate event department
- Commercial qualification in marketing and/or event management
- Work experience within the service industry such as hotels, tourism, etc.
- Highly proficient with MS Project, Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Fluent English, any additional languages is an advantage
- Good MS Office skills and experience using event management tools
- A team player with good social skills
- Extremely good organisational skills and highquality standards
- Good communication and conflict resolution skills
- Diplomatic skills
- Ability to represent the organisation
- Enjoyment of sport and general interest in football
- Performance and result-oriented
- Willingness to travel at least one month per year
- Willingness to work also over the weekend if an event requires