Perform maintenance tasks and service for the StarCenter, providing clients with a safe and clean venue for events. Performs ice maintenance to ensure quality ice for the general public, public and private events, and the Dallas Stars. This position is not eligible for remote work.
- Ice preparation and maintenance
- Ability to monitor mechanical systems
- Basic working knowledge of electrical circuits, breakers, courtesy power including GFI and lighting, changing light bulbs, etc.
- Basic knowledge of HVAC with the ability to change filters, belts, bearings, etc.
- Basic plumbing knowledge
- Experienced in general building repairs
- Ability to perform general custodial services
- Ability to troubleshoot problems and communicate intelligently with management and peers
- Able to work extended and/or irregular hours including nights, weekends and holidays
- High School Diploma or G.E.D
- Valid Driver License
- Ability to work with minimal to no supervision
- Problem solving and troubleshooting skills
Physical Demands and Working Environment:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be required to stand, walk, sit, use hands and fingers, handle large objects, tools, carts and drive machinery. Reach, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, climb, talk, and hear for up to 8-14 hours a day. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The employee may be required to work both indoors and outdoors as required by the function, and may be also exposed to adverse conditions including inclement weather, noise, fumes etc.
* This job description does not contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities. Other tasks and duties may be assigned as needed.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.