Our teammates are at the core of what we believe in: People, Collaboration, Learning, and Excellence (PeopleCLE). We look to hire individuals who are committed to our purpose of uniting and inspiring our city through the power of team. Our mission is to win the World Series while creating a compelling fan experience. If you believe you possess these important traits, please consider a career with the Cleveland Guardians.
All applicants for employment with the Cleveland Guardians will need to comply with the Cleveland Guardians Vaccination Policy as a condition of employment. Potential candidates for employment will be notified of the requirements of this policy prior to the start of employment.
PRIMARY PURPOSE: We want to foster a ‘promote from within’ culture and build a deep pool of talented professionals that can support our goal of ‘Winning the World Series.’ Successful applicants will need to demonstrate five core skills: 1) leadership, 2) collaboration, 3) perseverance 4) strong work ethic 5) the agility to adjust plans based on rapidly changing market conditions. Additionally, a high level of professionalism, competitiveness, initiative, positive attitude and an eagerness to learn are a must. Individuals must also possess strong communication skills, comfort with cold calls as well as face-to-face interaction with potential customers.
The year-round part-time program will include sales functions in Seasons, Groups, and Premium Suite Rentals. Additionally, program participants will receive mentorship and coaching from a combination of experienced sales professionals (sales and service). Participants will learn a broad range of sales development and general business skills including:
- Listening and asking probing questions
- Evaluate business opportunities
- Client prospecting
- Detailed selling processes
The job will require interactions with crowds of people, and thus carries risks associated with such gatherings.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
- Learn about our ‘fans’ and customers through active listening, probing questioning, and consuming market research and other customer data.
- Gain a mastery of the Guardians' full product portfolio including seasons, groups, premium, and single-game ticketing products.
- Proactively sell both “new” plans across all product segments (Seasons, Groups, and Premium) for the Cleveland Guardians via phone calls, prospecting, referrals, face-to-face appointments, and in-ballpark appointments with a strong focus on relationship-based sales and customer retention.
- Develop relationships, set face-to-face appointments (both externally and at Progressive Field), and show seats to potential customers across product segments with the objective of generating incremental revenue by “selling and servicing” customers of the Cleveland Guardians.
- Continuously look for ways to develop and grow new and existing customer relationships through seat visits, prospecting, referrals, and other ticket sales initiatives (sales booths, in-house events, and off-site community events).
- Contribute to our organization-wide efforts of better understanding our fans so that we can better serve them. This includes maintaining electronic records of all customers and prospects within our CRM and ticketing systems.
- Work games, nights, weekends, and holidays as assigned.
- Collaborate with key internal/external resources within the Ticket Sales department.
- Commit to ongoing sales training and development of best sales practices through regular meetings and role-play sessions.
- Attend all other sales department meetings and customer service events as assigned.
- Ability to consistently meet or exceed sales objectives.
- Contribute positively to our organizational culture which is based on 9 values: respect, trust, empowerment, ownership, innovation, collaboration, integrity, excellence, and empathy.
- Participation in trainings pertaining to public health and appropriate public health-related protocols.
- Assistance in application and enforcement of public health-related requirements, including (but not limited to) requirements pertaining to the wearing of masks and/or social distancing.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Approaching a Bachelor’s degree (1 year or less away) or graduate with a desire to learn and achieve in a highly competitive sales environment.
- Coach-ability, teamwork, strong will to succeed with a positive attitude are a must.
- Reads, speaks, comprehends, and communicates English effectively in all communications.
- Represents the Cleveland Guardians in a positive fashion to all business partners and the general public.
- Ability to develop and maintain successful working relationships with members of the Front Office.
- Ability to act according to the organizational values and service excellence at all times.
- Ability to work with diverse populations and have a demonstrated commitment to social justice.
- Ability to walk, sit or stand for an entire shift.
- Ability to work extended days and hours, including holidays and weekends.
- Ability to move throughout all areas and levels of the Ballpark.
- Ability to work in a diverse and changing environment.
- Occasional physical activity such as lifting and carrying boxes up to 25 lbs.
The Cleveland Guardians are committed to developing and maintaining an environment that embraces all forms of diversity to enrich our core values, enhance our competitive position, strengthen our impact within our community, and foster a greater sense of belonging for our employees.
In this spirit, we know studies have shown that people from historically underserved groups - including women and people of color - are less likely to apply for jobs unless they believe they meet every one of the qualifications as described in a job description. We are most interested in finding the best candidate for the job and understand that candidate may bring certain skills and experiences to the role that are not listed above, but that would add tremendous value to our organization. We would encourage you to apply, even if you don’t believe you meet every one of our qualifications described.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)