Our teammates are at the core of what we believe in: People, Collaboration, Learning, and Excellence (PeopleCLE). We look to hire individuals who are committed to our purpose of uniting and inspiring our city through the power of team. Our mission is to win the World Series while creating a compelling fan experience. If you believe you possess these important traits, please consider a career with the Cleveland Guardians.
PRIMARY PURPOSE: The End-User Support Specialist position will provide support to all users in Business and Baseball at all our facilities as well as remote users. The End-User Support Specialist ensures the availability and effective use of technology hardware, software, and services through technology training, proactive monitoring, performing trends, root cause analysis, and actively resolving support requests in a timely and accurate manner. The End-User Support Specialist will maintain commercial and proprietary technology equipment and assets and is responsible for the life cycle management (deployment, secure manage, support, and decommission), while ensuring optimal performance.
All applicants for employment with the Cleveland Guardians will need to comply with the Cleveland Guardians Vaccination Policy as a condition of employment. Potential candidates for employment will be notified of the requirements of this policy prior to the start of employment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITES:
- Respond to and resolve all requests for support discovered or submitted via Intranet, Email, Chat and Phone within established service levels.
- Escalate incidents and service requests to appropriate technicians in a timely manner after resources have been exhausted.
- Accurately document all reported and discovered requests for support in incident management software in a manner that will allow root cause and trend analysis.
- Provide proactive support by identifying trends and developing action items to address those trends. Action items will include technical, training, and/or procedural solutions.
- Act as a liaison between end-users, third party vendors / partners, and other information systems stakeholders for purpose of resolving problems, explaining procedures, and communication of information.
- Ability to quickly identify high impact situations and provide timely alerting and updates to the end user community. Perform accurate record-keeping relating to inventory of hardware and software assets.
- Provide off-hours support as needed including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Implement, Diagnose and Repair end-user computing devices and software and / or related issues.
- Manage system images and software installation packages used in the deployment process.
- Manage support and training documentation contained within self-service portal, FAQs and knowledge base. Manage system patching process including approval, testing, communication, release and evaluation.
- Maintain knowledge of systems used throughout the ballpark to provide first-line troubleshooting.
- Initiate escalation as appropriate to ensure management awareness of problems that are severe in nature or that exceed documented service levels.
- Install, maintain, and support audio visual equipment including display devices, camera systems, video teleconferencing systems (VTC), microphones and speakers
- Follow all company policies, including the Information Systems Department Standards and Practices.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Preferably 2 years of experience within IT or related field. Knowledge of and experience with Incident Management, Asset
- Management, Software Deployment, and Software Patching tools and software.
- Knowledge of and experience with supporting desktop and laptop hardware (Microsoft and Apple).
- Knowledge of and experience supporting end-user computing devices (Desktops, Laptops, Tablets, Mobile, POS, IoT, Cameras, Printers, Scanners, Copiers)
- Knowledge of and experience with productivity software such as Microsoft Office 365, Microsoft SharePoint, Microsoft Dynamics
- Knowledge of and experience supporting cloud software and services including SAML/SSO, Email Security, File Storage, Remote Support Tools.
- Knowledge of and experience supporting end-point and advanced threat security tools, in addition to VPNs, Personal Firewalls..
- Knowledge of and experience supporting directory services (Active Directory / LDAP), file storage shares, and security.
- Knowledge of and experience supporting audio / video technologies for conferencing, video capture, and production.
- General knowledge of network data communications and connectivity.
- General knowledge of e-mail communications and connectivity.
- Ability to read, write, and speak both English and Spanish is a plus.
- Solid problem-solving skills and inherent decision-making ability.
- Ability to quickly analyze and appropriately respond to issues in time crucial situations. Good project management skills and the ability to organize and prioritize work effectively.
- Ability to be reached nights and weekends if necessary to resolve end-user issues.
- Ability to travel to satellite offices which includes Arizona, Dominican Republic and Affiliate Clubs.
- Reads, speaks, comprehends, and communicates English effectively in all communications.
- Represents the Cleveland Guardians in a positive fashion to all business partners and the general public.
- Ability to develop and maintain successful working relationship with members of the Front Office.
- Ability to act according to the organizational values and service excellence at all times.
- Ability to work with diverse populations and have a demonstrated commitment to social justice.
- Ability to walk, sit or stand for an entire shift.
- Ability to work extended days and hours, including holidays and weekends.
- Ability to move throughout all areas and levels of the Ballpark.
- Ability to work in a diverse and changing environment.
- Occasional physical activity such as lifting and carrying boxes up to 35 lbs.
The Cleveland Guardians are committed to developing and maintaining an environment that embraces all forms of diversity to enrich our core values, enhance our competitive position, strengthen our impact within our community, and foster a greater sense of belonging for our employees.
In this spirit, we know studies have shown that people from historically underserved groups - including women and people of color - are less likely to apply for jobs unless they believe they meet every one of the qualifications as described in a job description. We are most interested in finding the best candidate for the job and understand that candidate may bring certain skills and experiences to the role that are not listed above, but that would add tremendous value to our organization. We would encourage you to apply, even if you don’t believe you meet every one of our qualifications described.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)