BSE Global (“BSE”) is a multifaceted sports and entertainment business that brings people together to experience music, sports, and culture through our teams and venue. Through these experiences and in our workplace, we strive to elevate our business, grow our fan base, and cultivate a community anchored in belonging and inclusion in every aspect, on and off the court.
The Manager, Marketing Insights will be responsible for providing the Marketing department with data and insights that empower thoughtful, informed business decisions. The role will draw insights from research on market trends and fan behavior, mine our customer data, collect and analyze research for multi-channel optimization, and report findings in a clear, concise manner.
The Manager will help fuel the pursuit of core priorities for the Brooklyn Nets including deepening fan relationships in the local market, extending the customer journey and supporting our revenue generating businesses. The individual will serve as a key collaborator for stakeholders across the Marketing department, ensuring that we are properly rooting our strategy in data and measuring our programs to properly assess success and optimize over time.
JOB DESCRIPTION – WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Champion the adoption of data-driven decision-making within the Marketing department, providing insights around fan preferences and motivations that are actionable
- Develop a deep understanding of the Brooklyn Nets fan base and how marketing campaigns drive fan acquisition, loyalty, and retention across our digital & non-digital platforms/activation
- Oversee brand research studies to better understand consumer behavior, market conditions & brand health, ultimately guiding strategy & tactics
- Establish campaign benchmarks, KPIs and measurement plans, while helping to optimize platforms over time
- Manage research agency partner/vendor relationships, project scopes and budgets
- Measure and report on marketing programs, including writing and analyzing fan surveys, and recapping marketing initiatives
- Synthesize and translate disparate data sets (i.e., social metrics, market research, tv ratings, etc.) into comprehensive stories that inform business strategy
- Support the translation of strategy across fan segments to analyze the customer journey funnel
- Creatively share insights, building digestible reports with impactful visuals and storytelling
- Monitor industry trends, share best practices and surface opportunities for innovation
- Serve as a thought partner and creative problem-solver for the Marketing leadership team
- Closely collaborate with the Business Intelligence, Ticketing Analytics and Marketing Technology teams to share learnings, develop tools, and make strategic recommendations
- Liaise with Business Intelligence team to help create marketing attribution models
CANDIDATE PROFILE – WHO YOU ARE:
- 5+ years’ experience in market research, marketing analytics and/or consumer insights work
- Sports, media and/or entertainment industry experience a major plus
- Intellectually curious, self-starter with keen attention to detail
- Familiarity with quantitative & qualitative research, with the acumen to draw a coherent story out of data
- Strong process management capabilities and ability to guide large-scale projects to completion
- Excellent communication skills: ability to concisely relay findings to colleagues (including senior executives), craft and deliver presentations, and clearly answer analytical questions
- Exercise solutions-focused approach, with strong problem-solving skills
- Proficiency developing tools, reports and dashboards that deliver upon business needs
Bachelor’s degree required
Works primarily in an office environment. You will be expected to attend games and other events on evenings, weekends and holidays.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (“EEO”) Employer. It has been and will continue to be a fundamental policy of the Company not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, gender, gender identity, transgender status, pregnancy, marital status, partnership status, domestic violence victim status, sexual orientation, age, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, veteran or military status, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state or local laws.
The Company requires that all individuals, subject to certain limited exceptions, be fully vaccinated and boosted against COVID-19. The Company will consider requests for reasonable accommodations regarding this requirement.