The Assistant Manager, Sports Ticket Operations is responsible for key ticket operations functions related to the Brooklyn Nets. On Nets game days, this individual will provide exemplary service at the box office ticket windows to assist guests with ticket issues and other season ticket holder and/or customer issues. This position will provide support and oversight to the Brooklyn Nets and overall ticket operation at BSE Global and participate in special projects, as business dictates. This position reports to the Senior Director, Sports Ticket Operations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Process, review and fulfill membership contacts and ticket orders for new sales, member services and group sales
- Fulfill internal ticket requests for the Brooklyn Nets
- Collaborate with counterparts in sales, service, sponsorship, marketing, and finance to accomplish team objectives
- Execute sales initiatives with special offer builds and 3rd party integrations
- Monitor online sales, pricing and inventory levels
- Ensure online functionality for all sales links and online account management for ticket holders
- Monitor and verify all game day systems
- Update reports on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis regarding performance against sales targets
- Utilize and learn ticket technologies to improve ticket operations and service opportunities for the business
- Perform additional duties as assigned by senior management
Education and/or Experience
- 1-3 years of experience in ticket and/or box office operations
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Knowledge of ticket systems and related products – SeatGeek, Ticketmaster and/or AXS
- Keen attention to detail, strong conflict resolution, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Flexible and reliable standout colleague, always acting in the best interest of their department and the company as a whole
- Ability to create and maintain productive, positive relationships through strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrates a strong ability to manage one’s own time and prioritize tasks when given clearly defined goals and objectives
May be required to travel on rare occasions (<5% travel); trips may require air travel and/or overnight stay for one or more nights.
Works primarily in an office environment but is expected to attend games and other events on evenings, weekends and holidays.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (“EEO”) Employer. It has been and will continue to be a fundamental policy of the Company not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, gender, gender identity, transgender status, pregnancy, marital status, partnership status, domestic violence victim status, sexual orientation, age, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, veteran or military status, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state or local laws.