This position is responsible for the daily repairs, upkeep, and general maintenance of Ed Smith Stadium, the Baseball Operations Center and the Buck O’Neil Baseball Complex. Including but not limited to general maintenance requests, HVAC, carpentry, electrical, plumbing, painting, and appliances. The ideal candidate will have experience in facility maintenance, vendor relations and customer relations. This position reports to the Facilities Operations Manager
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
- Maintain all HVAC systems, including, but not limited to, changing of filters, ordering of parts and any minor repairs.
- Maintain all plumbing and related fixtures.
- Maintain all electrical panels and circuits.
- Responsible for scheduled PM’s and demand work orders through Hippo CMMS software.
- Responsible for interior and exterior facility appearance upkeep, including, but not limited to, painting, patching and drywall repair.
- Responsible for maintaining all doors and windows, including, but not limited to, locks, gates, roll-up door and door closures
- Ensure all lighting is in proper working order, including, but not limited to, bulbs, ballasts, switches and outlets.
- Assist Facilities Operations Manager in tasks such as staff scheduling, staff assignments, budgeting, vendor contracts and vendor relationship management.
- Coordinate placement of all traffic barriers and cones along perimeter of facilities during Spring Training and special events.
- Adhere to all Stadium Operating Procedures and Policies.
- Comply with and adhere to all the company performance, conduct and attendance standards.
- Maintain a clean and neat appearance during work hours.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- Minimum of a high school education or equivalent is required.
- EPA Universal Certification preferred
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Minimum of 2 years in facility management
- Experience in two or more trades: electrical, carpentry, plumbing, HVAC, painting preferred
- A working understanding of CMMS software, electrical systems, HVAC systems, carpentry, and various mechanical and architectural systems
- A basic understanding of elevators, fire alarms, camera/security systems, and plumbing
- Ability to remain calm and focused during times of stress
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including days, nights, weekends, holidays
- This position may require working outside with exposure to extreme heat or adverse weather conditions
- Able to stand on your feet for extended of time including walking long distances and stairs
- Ability to lift a maximum of 50lbs
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee in this position. The duties listed do not represent an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of a person in this position.
Vaccination against COVID-19 is a requirement of the position, subject to consideration of reasonable accommodations for documented medical or religious needs that do not pose an undue hardship.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
The Baltimore Orioles are an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of the Baltimore Orioles to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race (including hair textures, afro hairstyles, or protective hairstyles), color, national origin or ancestry, religion or creed, gender or sex (including pregnancy) age, disability, citizenship status, marital status, Veteran's status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law