The Fan Ambassador is in charge of passionately and proactively helping and engaging with our guests at Gainbridge Fieldhouse during games and events. Team members will have a higher learning knowledge of the building and the events that take place inside the building. This position will be tasked with assisting guests with making their experience as magnificent as possible from the moment they arrive by displaying enthusiasm, happiness, and passion for our fans while providing clear and concise responses! Ideal candidates are individuals who want to provide a world-class experience for all guests, have a joy for helping others and building memorable moments!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
- Proactively engage and interact with guests in a professional, passionate, positive, outgoing, and friendly manner applying “ELEVATE” principles.
- Be knowledgeable about the building as well as all entities of Pacers Sports & Entertainment.
- Being well informed and able to assist with all questions and directions throughout the entire duration of an event at Gainbridge Fieldhouse.
- Seek out, acknowledge, and resolve concerns and feedback related to event information while consistently providing the highest level of genuine guest service.
- Actively listen to questions about event related programs such as pre-game viewings, upgrades, merchandise meet and greets, etc.
- Direct restroom and concessions lines in a friendly manner, as needed, to shorten guest waiting times to improve efficiency.
- Promote a safe, enjoyable, and memorable experience by proactively identifying and reporting inappropriate behavior, safety risks or medical situations to the appropriate person or department.
- Field questions and address issues about mobile ticketing such as mobile entry at the ticket scanning locations, accessing tickets, accepting tickets, transferring tickets, etc.
- Knowledge of all aspects of mobile ticketing and related apps including the Pacers app, Fever app and Ticketmaster app.
- Assist our guests with the Mobile Wallet access and questions to allow for a seamless experience at concession stands and merchandise stores.
- Help increase mobile app usage by encouraging guests to explore all the features of the apps.
- Assist with emergency responses by being knowledgeable of emergency procedures and processes.
- Attend all required training that occurs annually to continually improve customer service skills and building knowledge.
- Attend First Aid, CPR and AED training provided by company each year to increase safety skills.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
GAME AND EVENT NIGHT SCHEDULING EXPECTATIONS:
Most of the shifts will be dependent on the events taking place at Gainbridge Fieldhouse. The approximate number of game nights worked for Pacer’s season will range between 20-40, while the estimated number of Fieldhouse events will be between 25-50. Some months will be busier than others, so schedule flexibility is important.
- Availability and willingness to work extended hours, including nights, holidays, and weekends.
- Approximate number of hours worked per week: 0-25 (dependent on game/event schedule)
- Must be available to work at least 50% of events each month.
- Be punctual and present for each work shift in professional attire as specified during training.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Prior mobile ticketing experience or knowledge is preferred, but not required.
- Basic knowledge of operating a phone, radio, computer, and iPad.
- Anticipate all guest needs and be proactive in engaging with guests.
- Outgoing, calm, and personable demeanor – actively interacting with people and work in fast-paced environment.
- Solid understanding with technology.
- Maintain a professional, clean, and organized disposition.
- Ability to be a good listener and quick learner.
- Ability to communicate information efficiently respond to questions in a timely manner.
- Ability to interpret oral and written directions as well as building maps.
- Ability to handle stress and defuse potentially stressful situations in a calm tone.
- Solid organizational skills, time management skills and attention to detail required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Work independently without supervision, be self-directed and demonstrate initiative.
- Collaborate with others to cultivate strong teamwork.
- Maintain a superior knowledge of ticketing, seating, and event specific procedures.
- Maintain understanding of building 's emergency, evacuation plans and policies/procedures to ensure that guest can follow them.
- Willingness to have a flexible schedule based on the changing priorities of the position and department.
PHYSICAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, move heavy objects, use a computer, use a 10-key calculator, use a telephone, speak, hear, and write.
While performing the duties of this job, the noise level in the office work environment is usually moderate and the noise level in Gainbridge Fieldhouse / game environment is usually loud. The stress level may become high during certain times of the year.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, marital status, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.