The Business Insights Manager will report to the AVP of Customer Insights and Engagement and will oversee other Business Analysts that will assist Marketing, Sponsorships, Sales, and Operations departments. The right person for the job will apply their exhaustive knowledge of data analysis to solving problems and finding opportunities for improvement across multiple projects, teams, and business units.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Use advanced data modeling, predictive modeling and analytical techniques to interpret key findings from company data and leverage these insights into initiatives that will support business outcomes.
- Work to enable solutions and insights to be implemented throughout the business.
- Create reports and dashboards that track and understand KPIs to analyze effectiveness and ROI of various marketing tactics.
- Create and maintain survey strategy to gather customer, prospect, fan and partner sentiment and behavior and data points.
- Conduct statistical analysis and create dashboards and presentations on survey data.
- Conduct analysis of marketing effectiveness including digital marketing (paid digital, web data such as Google Analytics Campaign Tracking/Setup through Google Tag Manager), email, TV, radio, analysis of media mix modeling, marketing attribution, and more.
- Perform marketing mix and attribution modeling and work with media manager and outside ad partners to optimize marketing channels and strategies.
- Conduct and gather market research to enrich findings on current and historical trends.
- Conduct audience research and segmentation for targeted marketing and sponsorship pitches.
- Regularly present analysis and insights to leadership.
- Train, develop and supervise analyst-level employees.
- Other projects and duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
PHYSICAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS:
- Bachelor's degree required. Strong preference for degrees with an analytics or similar technical focus.
- 3+ years of experience as a business, sales, or marketing analyst.
- 2+ years of supervisory experience.
- Ability to communicate complex problems and insights to all skill levels.
- Strong SQL skills with an ability to perform effective querying involving multiple tables and subqueries.
- Working knowledge of data mining principles: predictive analytics, mapping, collecting data from multiple data systems on premises and cloud-based data sources.
- Experience and knowledge of statistical modeling techniques: GLM multiple regression, logistic regression, log-linear regression, variable selection, etc.
- Experience writing advanced SAS code statements, models, and macros.
- Technical experience with correlation and regression analysis in tools like Excel or R; experience with visualization tools like Tableau or PowerBI.
- Strong ability to plan and manage numerous processes, people and projects simultaneously on tight timelines.
- Ability to work cross-functionally across the organization.
- Previous experience working with a sports organization is a plus.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to:
- Speak in public
- Use telephone
- Use computer
- Speak, hear and write
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the office work environment is usually moderate.
- The noise level in the Fieldhouse/game environment is usually loud.
- The stress level may become high during certain times.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, marital status, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.