The Houston Texans are in a season of growth. We are seeking an individual for the position of Partnership Development Manager.
Our Texans Teammate Habits:
- Dedication to the team
- Be adaptable
- Passion for work
- Win with integrity
- Own the outcome
The Texans CHARGE
Be Champions in Every Way by Cultivating Excellence and Fearlessly Evolving
Culture: We attract the best and brightest professionals by nurturing core ideals such as character, hard work, discipline, and teamwork. We reward performances and demand a total commitment to being champions in every way.
Basic Function: Responsible for generating new partnership revenues by developing and pitching partnership packages, negotiating specific benefits to be included, and the cost of the partnership packages. This position is also responsible for ensuring the execution of partnership packages, managing client relationships, extending, and expanding existing partnerships.
- Research and develop a list of prospects for potential corporate partnerships.
- Develop, build, and maintain relationships with current and prospective partners by prospecting, cold-calling, meetings, continuous follow-up in person and virtually, and building and presenting partnership proposals.
- Develop new partnership inventory including signage for NRG Stadium, promotional and non-traditional inventory.
- Develop partnership proposals, collateral materials, and audio/visual resources for presentations.
- Develop new and innovative programming within client’s marketing objectives and service client partnerships to maximize their value.
- Negotiate partnerships for the Club, NRG Stadium, and other special events including TV and radio, signage, promotional rights, and digital and social assets while complying with NFL rules and regulations.
- Consistently close seven figures worth of new business annually.
- Interface with Partnership Marketing teammates to ensure fulfillment of partner program commitments and follow up on benefit analysis reports.
- Collaborate with other internal departments to ensure high-quality implementation and execution of partnership assets.
- Ensure adherence to special events and promotional budgets, particularly as they relate to the execution of corporate programs.
- Perform various other tasks that may be assigned.
Position requires routine face-to-face personal interaction with other Club personnel; therefore, many job responsibilities must be physically performed in the Club’s offices on a regular basis and not in a telecommuting manner; provided, however, this position requires frequent and regular visits to current and prospective partner offices and elsewhere away from the Club’s offices to present proposals and participate in follow-up meetings.
- Proven ability to effectively reach C-Level decision makers to present and sell Club partnerships.
- Possess a passion for negotiation and a proven record of overcoming objections to achieve sales goals.
- Ability to approach sales process strategically versus tactically.
- Strong and decisive decision-making ability on routine matters, including budget development and allocation, resource expenditure, staffing and policies and procedures.
- Must be high-energy, self-motivated, service-oriented, and highly competitive.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks in a high-energy environment.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to create and maintain solid professional working relationships interdepartmentally and externally with potential and existing clients.
- Ability to maintain confidential and/or proprietary information.
- Ability and internal drive to demonstrate a winning attitude and a strong work ethic in the performance of all job responsibilities.
- Proficiency in use of Microsoft Office software applications.
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year accredited college or university preferred.
- High School Diploma required.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in professional sports sales or broadcast media preferred.
- Proven record of closing multi-year annual sales starting at $100,000+ per year.
- Proven record of closing seven figures worth of new business annually while renewing at a high rate and showing an ability to grow existing accounts.
Title: Partnership Development Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports to: Senior Director, Partnership Development
Please note that while resumes of all candidates will be considered, as a way for the Texans organization to acknowledge and reciprocate the tremendous support given the Team by local fans and the local community in general, qualified candidates with permanent addresses in the Houston metropolitan and surrounding areas will be given first consideration whenever possible.
If your skills and experience match our available position requirements, a Human Resources representative will contact you directly. Due to the volume of resumes received by the Houston Texans, we are unable to provide updates on the status of individual applications.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.