The Houston Texans are in a season of growth and are seeking an individual for the position of Front Desk Representative.
Our Texans Teammate Habits:
- Dedication to the team
- Be adaptable
- Passion for work
- Win with integrity
- Own the outcome
The Texans CHARGE
Be Champions in Every Way by Cultivating Excellence and Fearlessly Evolving
Culture: We attract the best and brightest professionals by nurturing core ideals such as character, hard work, discipline, and teamwork. We reward performances and demand a total commitment to excellence and a will to win in everything that we choose to do.
Basic Function: Answer all incoming telephone calls, greet all guests and issue name badges, coordinate courier activities, and assist with staff tasks or projects as assigned or approved by Director of Guest Experience.
- Adhere to mandatory daily business professional attire.
- Answer all incoming telephone lines while delivering exceptional customer service.
- Greet guests, enter guest identification information into name badge printing system (Raptor) and advise staff members of guest(s) arrival. Collect visitor name badges upon visitor’s exit from Club office premises.
- Work with Club Security personnel as necessary to ensure unauthorized persons are not allowed in Club’s offices.
- Coordinate courier deliveries and pickups (not parcel deliveries); advise recipients of deliveries and follow up to ensure pickup from front desk in a timely manner.
- Complete administrative and clerical tasks for Guest Experience Department.
- Assist with answering fan feedback as well as logging all fan feedback within 24 hours
- Key draft documents and assist in proofreading documents when requested.
- Assist with copying, filing and distribution of materials including credentials.
- Assist with Guest Experience department day-to-day operational duties.
- Order office supplies for Event Services department and Club office.
- Ensure that all on-hold features, and recordings (including office closure messages) are accurate and up to date (coordinate with Club Information Technology personnel and in-house “talent” as necessary).
- Position requires Home Gameday duties and responsibilities.
- Take an active role in learning about Club events as well as other NRG Stadium and NRG Park events in order to serve callers more effectively.
- Perform various other tasks that may be assigned from time to time by Director of Guest Experience.
Subject to reasonable accommodations, position requires routine face-to-face personal interaction with other Club personnel; therefore, job responsibilities must be physically performed in the Club offices and not in a telecommuting manner.
- Demonstrate enthusiasm for the role and excitement about the position and organization.
- Must be prompt and dependable at all times.
- Must project a professional image and demeanor and provide a high level of customer service.
- Proficiency in use of Microsoft Office software applications.
- Organizational and time management skills with ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks in a high-energy environment.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Display patience and excellent listening skills to respond appropriately and interact positively with upset customers.
- Ability to maintain confidential and/or proprietary information.
- Ability and internal drive to demonstrate a winning attitude and a strong work ethic in the performance of all job responsibilities.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year accredited college or university preferred.
- High School Diploma required.
- Previous experience as a receptionist or Administrative Assistant preferred.
Title: Front Desk Representative
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Department: Guest Experience
Reports to: Director of Guest Experience
Please note that while resumes of all candidates will be considered, as a way for the Texans organization to acknowledge and reciprocate the tremendous support given the Team by local fans and the local community in general, qualified candidates with permanent addresses in the Houston metropolitan and surrounding areas will be given first consideration whenever possible.
If your skills and experience match our available position requirements, a Human Resources representative will contact you directly. Due to the volume of resumes received by the Houston Texans, we are unable to provide updates on the status of individual applications.
The Houston Texans organization is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.