The Houston Texans are in a season of growth. We are seeking an individual for the position of Event Experience Coordinator.
Our Texans Teammate Habits:
- Dedication to the team
- Be adaptable
- Passion for work
- Win with integrity
- Own the outcome
The Texans CHARGE
Be Champions in Every Way by Cultivating Excellence and Fearlessly Evolving
Culture: We attract the best and brightest professionals by nurturing core ideals such as character, hard work, discipline, and teamwork. We reward performances and demand a total commitment to being champions in every way.
Basic Function: Assist with ideation, coordination, and execution of opportunities to create memorable Houston Texans (“Club”) fan experiences through gameday and events.
- Assist with large-scale events such as Training Camp, Draft Party, and other events as needed.
- Assist with and/or coordinate and execute key gameday activation areas including BULLevard and NRG Stadium concourses.
- Assist with and/or coordinate and execute key gameday activation areas in the BULLevard – including set-up, execution ad breakdown.
- Event Coordination responsibilities include but are not limited to timelines, event budget management, requesting quotes, providing vision boards, building event diagrams, staffing assignments and after-action reviews.
- Collaborate with assigned departments to ensure proper event coordination and execution.
- Cultivate effective relationships with other departments to properly execute Club initiatives, goals, and events.
- Assist with and/or coordinate and execute Lone Star Sports and Entertainment (“LSSE”) events, initiatives & gamedays.
- Manage and oversee Event Experience inventory and maintenance of equipment, signage, inflatables, props and giveaways in storage area.
- Manage and assist with accounts such as: PR/Communications, Business Ops, Event Operations, Event Services, Ticketing/Club, and LSSE
- Perform various other tasks that may be assigned from time to time by the Event Experience Manager and other departmental staff.
Subject to reasonable accommodations, position requires routine face-to-face personal interaction with other Club personnel; therefore, job responsibilities must be physically performed in the Club offices and not in a telecommuting manner.
- Ability to coordinate and execute all aspects of program initiatives and associated events under supervision of Event Experience Manager.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks in a high-energy environment.
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction to complete personal goals and as a team member to accomplish department goals.
- Effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and an ability to produce high-quality, accurate work within designated deadlines.
- Decision-making capabilities with respect to duties and responsibilities including budget awareness and resource expenditure.
- Display strong interpersonal skills and the ability to create and maintain solid working relationships at all levels across the organization and externally.
- Proficiency in use of Microsoft Office software applications.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks with multiple priorities and deadlines.
- Display strong interpersonal skills and the ability to create and maintain sold working relationships.
- Ability to maintain confidential and/or proprietary information.
- Ability and internal desire to demonstrate a winning attitude and a strong work ethic in the performance of all job responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year accredited college or university preferred.
- High School Diploma required.
- Minimum one (1) year full-time experience in sports, entertainment, event management, marketing or related field preferred.
Title: Event Experience Coordinator
FLSA Status: Full-Time, Non-Exempt
Department: Event Experience
Reports to: Event Experience Manager
Please note that while resumes of all candidates will be considered, as a way for the Texans organization to acknowledge and reciprocate the tremendous support given the Team by local fans and the local community in general, qualified candidates with permanent addresses in the Houston metropolitan and surrounding areas will be given first consideration whenever possible.
If your skills and experience match our available position requirements, a Human Resources representative will contact you directly. Due to the volume of resumes received by the Houston Texans, we are unable to provide updates on the status of individual applications.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.