The Houston Texans are in a season of growth. We are seeking an individual for the position of Brand Director.
Our Texans Teammate Habits:
Dedication to the team
Passion for work
Win with integrity
Own the outcome
The Texans CHARGE
Be Champions in Every Way by Cultivating Excellence and Fearlessly Evolving
Culture: Weattract the best and brightest professionals by nurturing core ideals such as character, hard work, discipline, and teamwork. We reward performances and demand a total commitment to being champions in every way.
Basic Function: The Brand Director for the Houston Texans will be responsible for developing and executing a comprehensive branding strategy that strengthens the team's identity, engages fans, and drives business growth. This role will work closely with various departments within the organization to ensure brand consistency and relevance across all touchpoints. The ideal candidate should have a proven track record of building and managing successful brand campaigns, a deep understanding of sports marketing, and a passion for the Houston Texans.
- Define, drive, and implement the overall brand strategy for the Houston Texans and ensure consistency across all aspects of the brand.
- Lead the ideation, development, and execution of brand campaigns across all organizational touchpoints.
- Work cross-functionally to align brand marketing strategy with sales, partnerships, and community goals.
- Monitor, track, and report on brand health metrics for the organization.
- Collaborate with Business Intelligence to uncover insights that lead to brand strategy enhancements.
- Oversee cross-functional project management process for 15-20 annual Texans initiatives
- Ensure initiative success through tracking deliverables and timeline management
Texans Legends and Influencers
- Develop and execute a strategy that maximizes the value of our Houston Texans Legends program.
- Ensure the team leverages Legends to impact and amplify Texans initiatives while ensuring Legends feel connected to the team.
- Uncover new and unique opportunities to partner with Legends that strengthen the connection with our fanbase.
- Continue to innovate Legends program by working with League, other NFL teams, and Texans Legends to determine best practices and ways to improve program.
- Ability to target key prospects across various industries, including but not limited to music, fashion, food, car culture, politics, regional culture that align with the Houston Texans brand and target audience.
- Proven ability to make contacts with key talent, talent management, and influencer networks, and ability to cultivate relationships with each.
- Ability to scale influencer program, from outreach, to onboarding, to ongoing management.
- Ability to see gaps in influencer portfolio and address accordingly.
- Comfort speaking to high profile individuals and talent management.
- Knowledge of cultural landscape and ability to find key trends and artists before they become mainstream.
- Manage the relationship between the club and online and Team Store Vendors.
- Create authentic ties to the community by developing and launching collaborations with local vendors and artists.
- Determine gaps in retail portfolio and address accordingly in order to satisfy consumer demand and increase revenues.
- Ability to work cross functionally with multiple constituents including apparel vendors, retail partners, and NFL to successfully execute retail plan.
- Since this role will heavily interact with our in-house creative agency, as well as be a main point of contact into the marketing and communications team, must be comfortable interfacing with creative teams, including designers and video producers.
- Must be able to effectively communicate with creative team as well as MarComm and help bridge the gap between the creative world and marketing world.
- Manage the brand department budget effectively and efficiently, ensuring resources are allocated appropriately.
- Perform various other tasks that may be assigned from time to time by Senior Director of Marketing.
- Position requires routine face-to-face personal interaction with other Club personnel; therefore, job responsibilities must be physically performed in the Club offices and not in a telecommuting manner.
- Proven leadership and team management skills.
- Creative and innovative mindset with a passion for brand building.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with ability to prioritize and manage multiple diverse tasks with multiple deadlines in a high-energy environment.
- Ability to maintain attention to detail and ability to work effectively under pressure and within deadlines.
- Display strong interpersonal skills and the ability to create and maintain solid working relationships at all levels across the organization and externally.
- Ability to maintain confidential and/or proprietary information.
- Ability and internal desire to demonstrate a winning attitude and a strong work ethic in the performance of all job responsibilities.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software applications.
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year accredited college or university preferred.
- High school diploma required.
- Minimum of 8-10 years of experience in brand management, marketing, or related field.
Title: Brand Director
FLSA Status: Full-Time, Exempt
Reports to: Senior Director of Marketing
Please note that while resumes of all candidates will be considered, as a way for the Texans organization to acknowledge and reciprocate the tremendous support given the Team by local fans and the local community in general, qualified candidates with permanent addresses in the Houston metropolitan and surrounding areas will be given first consideration whenever possible.
If your skills and experience match our available position requirements, a Human Resources representative will contact you directly. Due to the volume of resumes received by the Houston Texans, we are unable to provide updates on the status of individual applications.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.