The Houston Dynamo Football Club (HDFC) is a multi-faceted organization dedicated to inspiring and supporting soccer participation and growth in Houston, TX and beyond. The Club’s brands include men's and women's professional teams - the Houston Dynamo (MLS) and Houston Dash (NWSL), a development academy, Houston Dynamo Dash Charities, as well as Shell Energy Stadium and Houston Sports Park.
The Club has a rich history, including MLS Cup titles (2006, 2007) and in-season tournament championships for both the Dynamo (2018) and Dash (2020) and is focused on building toward the next championships, inspiring and uniting the city of Houston through the sport of soccer and community outreach, and creating the most inclusive sporting experience and diverse fan base in the city and state.
Purpose of the Job
This role will personally manage Houston Dynamo FC & Dash Season Ticket Member accounts and is responsible for maximizing Season Ticket Member retention by providing first class customer service and developing personal and long-term relationships with Account holders. This role will also be tasked to generate new revenue through maximizing their Season Ticket Member portfolio by continuously identifying key upselling and add-on ticketing opportunities for Account Holders as well producing referrals resulting in new ticket sales opportunities in the areas of Season Ticket Memberships, Group sales and other Hospitality assets in Shell Energy Stadium.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops and maintains positive personal relationships with Houston Dynamo FC & Dash Season Ticket Members via outbound calls, face to face interaction at games and in-person meetings/virtual meeting, personalized letters, emails, and other Team functions.
- Provides first class service to all Season Ticket Members and fans in Shell Energy Stadium.
- Retains and maximizes Dynamo FC & Dash Season Ticket Member portfolio through the development of relationships with each Account Holder and identifying key upselling, cross-selling, add-on and referral opportunities.
- Makes an average minimum of (55) outbound calls per day to Season Ticket Members and general leads/prospects on selected sales & service campaigns.
- Books and completes (2) in-person/virtual appointments per week with Season Ticket Members and/or prospects and referrals.
- Implements and executes all amenities, benefits, and events for Season Ticket Members.
- Responds to all Season Ticket Member needs such as customer service issues, ticket exchanges, add-on requests, financial billing, and other ticketing and team related questions.
- Performs required number touch points outlined by Ticket Service Management in conjunction with Business Intelligence team to maximize Season Ticket Member Account satisfaction and retention.
- Utilizes CRM to track and report progress of relationships and touchpoint system with Season Ticket Members, as well as to ensure client profiles are always up to date.
- Utilizes SeatGeek ticketing system to accurately manage and maintain Season Ticket Member billing and ticket management.
- Creates and analyzes all data from ticket sales surveys to improve department efficiency, retention rates, and customer satisfaction and loyalty.
- Attends and works all Dynamo FC & Dash events in Season Ticket Member areas and other responsibilities on gameday/non-gameday.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Sports, Hotel/Hospitality, Marketing, or related field - Preferred.
- 1-2 years of professional sports or related Account Management/Service Experience – Preferred.
- Experience and training in Salesforce CRM system, SeatGeek ticketing system, or similar systems – Preferred.
- Sports sales experience a plus but not required.
- Bilingual English and Spanish is a plus but not required.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Outlook, and other basic computer usage.
- Flexible hours required. Working evenings/nights, weekends, and holidays.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Attributes
- Maintains desire to provide first class standard of client experience and retention departments in the professional sports industry.
- Genuinely passionate about providing an outstanding level of customer service and growing the sport of Soccer in the city of Houston.
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent representation on our organization.
- Exemplary self-discipline, professionalism, pride, and work ethic.
- Outstanding listening, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Team oriented individual with a proactive positive attitude.
- Willingness to take initiative and ownership of projects.
- Detail oriented with ability to multitask effectively and with a sense of urgency.
- Excellent organizational and personal time management skills.
- Proven to be reliable, diligent, self-motivated, and dedicated.
- Compliance with organizational directives.
- Maintains Organizational Core Competencies.
Organizational Core Competencies
- Accountable – Holds themselves (and when appropriate others) accountable for achieving goals and objectives.
- Collaborative – Works collaboratively with others to achieve organizational outcomes.
- Progressive – Open minded, accepting, creative, and innovative in approach.
- Values Driven – Being ethical in decision making and operating with professional integrity.
- Agile – Achieves personal and organizational success within a changing, dynamic and complex environment. Ability to handle ambiguity.
Diverse candidates of all backgrounds are welcome, and the Club seeks individuals passionate about sport, inspiring the city and devoted to the organization's growth. While duties and responsibilities vary across positions, we are seeking individuals who are accountable, collaborative, progressive, agile and ethical/values driven.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.