The Houston Dynamo Football Club (HDFC) is a multi-faceted organization dedicated to inspiring and supporting soccer participation and growth in Houston, TX and beyond. The Club’s brands include men's and women's professional teams - the Houston Dynamo (MLS) and Houston Dash (NWSL), a development academy, Houston Dynamo Dash Charities, as well as Shell Energy Stadium and Houston Sports Park.
The Club has a rich history, including MLS Cup titles (2006, 2007) and in-season tournament championships for both the Dynamo (2018) and Dash (2020) and is focused on building toward the next championships, inspiring and uniting the city of Houston through the sport of soccer and community outreach, and creating the most inclusive sporting experience and diverse fan base in the city and state.
Purpose of the Job
This role will be focused on leading, coaching and contributing to the overall ticket sales effort for the organization while overseeing the daily results of the Group Sales Account Executives in generating revenue.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Leads Sales team in daily focus of selling group tickets as well as other HDFC Ticketing and Hospitality products.
- Recruits, trains, leads, and develops the service team including, but not limited to hiring, monitoring, supervising, managing, coaching, mentoring, and evaluating staff on a continuous basis.
- Develops strategies, procedures, and processes for sales team based on best practices, protocols, reporting, tracking, events, and other applicable guidelines for training, accountability, and consistency purposes.
- Implements and manages new touchpoint campaigns and group leader events with various internal stakeholders including marketing, digital, creative, and analytics.
- Manages game day sales staff and fan experiences to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree – Required
- Minimum 2 years of ticket experience within the sports industry – Required
- Minimum 1 year of supervisory experience – Required
- Experience and proficiency in Microsoft Office, Excel, Word, Power Point, and other computer skills – Required
- Experience with recruiting and developing staff – Preferred
- Ticketing system experience, SeatGeek – Preferred
- CRM experience, SalesForce – Preferred
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Attributes
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong teaching, motivating, and development skills.
- Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines, and multi-task.
- Strong leadership skills, focused on communication and accountability.
- Team player; ability to work across divisions.
- Acts with high levels of integrity and professionalism, with the ability to exercise discretion and good judgement.
- Comfortable within a high-paced, competitive environment.
- Excellent analytical skills, with great attention to detail.
- Ability to work long, irregular hours and weekends as dictated by event schedules and project timetables.
- Ability to meet challenging sales objectives in a high profile, competitive marketplace.
- Ability to drive results in maximizing revenue objectives.
- Candidates must exhibit a strong desire to learn and a strong work ethic.
- Candidates must exhibit a positive outlook that values customer service.
- Maintains Organizational Core Competencies.
Organizational Core Competencies
- Accountable – Holds themselves (and when appropriate others) accountable for achieving goals and objectives.
- Collaborative – Works collaboratively with others to achieve organizational outcomes.
- Progressive – Open minded, accepting, creative, and innovative in approach.
- Values Driven – Being ethical in decision making and operating with professional integrity.
- Agile – Achieves personal and organizational success within a changing, dynamic, and complex environment. Ability to handle ambiguity.
Diverse candidates of all backgrounds are welcome, and the Club seeks individuals passionate about sport, inspiring the city and devoted to the organization's growth. While duties and responsibilities vary across positions, we are seeking individuals who are accountable, collaborative, progressive, agile and ethical/values driven.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.