The Houston Dynamo Football Club (HDFC) is a multi-faceted organization dedicated to inspiring and supporting soccer participation and growth in Houston, TX and beyond. The Club’s brands include men's and women's professional teams - the Houston Dynamo (MLS) and Houston Dash (NWSL), a development academy, Houston Dynamo Dash Charities, as well as Shell Energy Stadium and Houston Sports Park.
The Club has a rich history, including MLS Cup titles (2006, 2007) and in-season tournament championships for both the Dynamo (2018) and Dash (2020) and is focused on building toward the next championships, inspiring and uniting the city of Houston through the sport of soccer and community outreach, and creating the most inclusive sporting experience and diverse fan base in the city and state.
Purpose of the Job
This role will lead the daily operations of the club’s First Team equipment needs for both players and staff. A successful candidate should have a drive to help and assist people through a customer service approach and a genuine desire to make people happy and be successful in a professional sports environment.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversees the day-to-day management and preparation of all equipment needs for First Team players and staff.
- Establishes, maintains, and reconciles uniform and equipment inventories.
- Oversees the maintenance of all inventory records for the First Team.
- Supervises the day-to-day equipment set-up, breakdown, and operation of all First Team training sessions.
- Works closely with Technical Staff to prepare for training, games, and team activities.
- Coordinates with technical, medical, and administrative staff to ensure that all travel logistics are organized related to equipment (gear, uniforms, laundry, airport transfers, luggage, etc.).
- Manages the equipment set-up and operation of all First Team games, both home and away, including league and friendly games.
- Works with technical and administrative staff on all equipment aspects of player onboarding and player operations.
- Follows and operates within the First Team Equipment budget under the direction of the Director of Soccer Operations.
- Manages the MLS Adidas budget for the First Team working closely with the Director of Soccer Operations.
- Ensures compliance with Houston Dynamo FC team policies and code of conduct.
- Ensures compliance with MLS league rules and regulations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree or High School diploma/GED.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
- Experience working in soccer or professional sports.
- Experience working in a customer service-oriented role.
- Must be willing to travel for business – weekend work and travel is necessary.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Bilingual English/Spanish – preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Attributes
- Ability to handle and lift average-weight objects up to 25 pounds.
- Ability to stand and or walk for more than 4 hours per day.
- Ability to work long, irregular hours and weekends as dictated by event schedules and project timetables.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills across departments.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to handle numerous projects and multitask.
- Ability to work well in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Must be a “team player” and flexible to constant changes.
- Detail oriented, professional, passionate, positive, and pro-active.
- A motivated growth-mindset and life-long learner.
- A strong work-ethic.
- Punctual and professional.
- Maintains Organizational Core Competencies.
Organizational Core Competencies
- Accountable – Holds themselves (and when appropriate others) accountable for achieving goals and objectives.
- Collaborative – Works collaboratively with others to achieve organizational outcomes.
- Progressive – Open minded, accepting, creative, and innovative in approach.
- Values Driven – Being ethical in decision making and operating with professional integrity.
- Agile – Achieves personal and organizational success within a changing, dynamic and complex environment. Ability to handle ambiguity.
Diverse candidates of all backgrounds are welcome, and the Club seeks individuals passionate about sport, inspiring the city and devoted to the organization's growth. While duties and responsibilities vary across positions, we are seeking individuals who are accountable, collaborative, progressive, agile and ethical/values driven.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.