The Houston Dynamo Football Club (HDFC) is a multi-faceted organization dedicated to inspiring and supporting soccer participation and growth in Houston, TX and beyond. The Club’s brands include men's and women's professional teams - the Houston Dynamo (MLS) and Houston Dash (NWSL), a development academy, Houston Dynamo Dash Charities, as well as Shell Energy Stadium and Houston Sports Park.
The Club has a rich history, including MLS Cup titles (2006, 2007) and in-season tournament championships for both the Dynamo (2018) and Dash (2020) and is focused on building toward the next championships, inspiring and uniting the city of Houston through the sport of soccer and community outreach, and creating the most inclusive sporting experience and diverse fan base in the city and state.
Purpose of the Job
This role will oversee the sales and execution of all events at the Stadium while driving special events revenue at Shell Energy Stadium.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Leads the charge on the event process from lead generation, booking, event execution and settlement, including both full stadium ticketed events, special events and club events at Shell Energy Stadium.
- Collaborates with the events team which is responsible for executing events booked at the stadium.
- Creates sales collateral and marketing plans for special event sales at the stadium including information on stadium website, outbound marketing materials, and client presentations.
- Prepares required reports including overall revenue, rate cards, P&L analysis for each event, recaps and sales forecasts.
- Solicits new business proactively by making outbound sales calls, hosting client walkthroughs, attending relevant tradeshows, and engaging in other client prospecting efforts to increase the stadium database of prospective clients.
- Manages department budgets. Works with stadium food and beverage partner, Levy, to create and curate menu options, packages and add-ons to increase event revenue.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of (5) years of experience in outbound sales experience - required, sports or entertainment venue specific - preferred.
- Bachelor's Degree – required.
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays as dictated by event schedules and project timetables.
- Able to market the venue and drive new sales.
- Prior sports and/or entertainment industry experience – preferred
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Attributes
- Strong networking skills with the ability to build and foster relationships in the sports and entertainment industry.
- Acts with high levels of integrity and professionalism, with the ability to exercise discretion and good judgement.
- Comfortable within a high-paced, competitive environment.
- Outstanding verbal and written skills, with the ability to present data and conclusions in an organized, concise manner at all levels throughout the company.
- Ability to work independently and complete duties and projects with minimal direct supervision.
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to work under above-average pressure in meeting urgent deadlines.
- Maintains Organizational Core Competencies.
Organizational Core Competencies
- Accountable – Holds themselves (and when appropriate others) accountable for achieving goals and objectives.
- Collaborative – Works collaboratively with others to achieve organizational outcomes.
- Progressive – Open minded, accepting, creative, and innovative in approach.
- Values Driven – Being ethical in decision making and operating with professional integrity.
- Agile – Achieves personal and organizational success within a changing, dynamic and complex environment. Ability to handle ambiguity.
Additional Competencies for Leadership
- Strategic – Leads opportunity and is committed to continuous improvement aligned with the organizational vision and direction.
- Resilient – Demonstrates personal resilience within a demanding environment of high expectations.
- Enabling – Drives excellence through valuing and developing others.
- Business Acumen – Superior ability to understand and effectively navigate area of responsibility and various business scenarios.
- Good Judgment – Strong critical thinking skills and ability to exercise discretion and good judgement.
Diverse candidates of all backgrounds are welcome, and the Club seeks individuals passionate about sport, inspiring the city and devoted to the organization's growth. While duties and responsibilities vary across positions, we are seeking individuals who are accountable, collaborative, progressive, agile and ethical/values driven.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.