Department: Marketing and Communications
Supervisor: Director of Advertising and Digital Marketing
The Social Media Coordinator is responsible assisting in the day-to- day execution of all social media campaigns and assisting with the club’s overall social media strategy. We are looking for the ultimate team player who marries creativity and strategic thinking with an eagerness to learn the business side of digital and social.
The Social Media Coordinator will actively develop, grow, and engage our fans across key social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, TikTok, LinkedIn) as well as emerging platforms. The ideal candidate will help drive the game day experience and distribute content across all Astros social channels with an “always on” approach.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Responsible for the day-to-day management of all Houston Astros owned social media channels, including but not limited to: Twitter, Instagram, TikTok, Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn, etc.
- Help maintain the monthly posting calendar to deliver high-quality, original social media content for the Houston Astros and Houston Open organizations.
- Collaborate with the content team to plan and traffic graphics, video, and photo requests that will be executed on social media platforms.
- Manage the Houston Astros and Foundation accounts day-to-day social content and assist across other properties as needed.
- Provide live game coverage for the Houston Astros.
- Identify opportunities and trending topics where the Houston Astros can join the social conversation.
- Ideate, produce, and post content for the Houston Astros social platforms.
- Collaborate with the rest of the social media team on relevant content opportunities.
- Work collaboratively with the PR/Communications dept to stay up to date with club news and press releases that need to be shared socially
- Maintain content tagging software to ensure real-time accuracy in tracking content performance across key performance indicators.
- Monitor platforms via social listening to interact, engage and communicate with fans when appropriate.
- Leverage analytics tools to increase social media effectiveness, track overall performance and compile weekly and monthly reporting.
- Work with various organizational departments to ideate and plan how social and supports campaign objectives (partnerships, ticketing, retail, and special events).
- Flexibility and willingness to work extended hours, evenings, and weekends. Game day duties required.
- 1+ years of experience in social media, sports or entertainment experience preferred
- Creative, energetic, and proactive approach to work.
- Strong relationship building skills
- Innovative and proactive thinker, with an ability to work under quick turnaround times, across multiple projects
- Excellent oral and written communication skills – can interact well with all organizational levels internally and externally
- Keen editorial eye
- High proficiency in Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, TikTok, LinkedIn, other emerging platforms
- Healthy interest in data-driven decision-making and understanding of social media analytics
- Bachelor’s in marketing, communications, business, or related field
- Proficiency in photo editing and fundamental design tasks in Photoshop, understanding of Adobe Premier is preferred. Video shooting and/or editing a plus.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Bilingual in Spanish - preferred
This job operates in an office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, and photocopiers. The noise level is usually moderate but can be loud within the stadium environment.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee occasionally is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. This is a largely sedentary role. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close and focused vision.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
Ability to work a flexible schedule, including extended hours, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
Travel may be expected in this role.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.