The Senior Manager, Licensing & Gaming, will report to the Head of Licensing & Gaming to drive commercial upside and engage fans with Formula 1, through strong licensing and gaming partners.
This will involve supporting all new partnerships within Formula 1’s current portfolio of future partners, including being the account lead with specific new licensee development, in line with business objectives:
- Assist in key new partnership opportunities across consumer products, retail, ecommerce, experiential, gaming, esports, and betting
- Work with internal departments to ensure deliverables are met and partnership objectives can be delivered and executed
- Liaise with F1 teams and other external stakeholders to support the licensing programme and maximise opportunities.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for generating new licensing & gaming revenue for Formula 1.
- Manage sales process from conception to close; generating new leads, initiating first meetings, developing proposals/term sheets, contracting and ultimately closing.
- Directly responsible for clients and/or specific region as determined by the Head of Licensing & Gaming.
- Cultivating and nurturing relationships with prospective clients.
- Support the development of the Licensing programme to deliver key objectives in fan engagement and revenue growth.
- Forecast timely and accurate sales activity regularly to the Head of Licensing & Gaming, and update activity/prospect status in weekly sales meeting with the wider team.
- Sole management of day-to-day relationships with select prospecting licensees.
- Develop a deep understanding of partner delivery timelines, commercial objectives, growth strategies and KPIs.
- Work with the wider team in agreeing new partnerships and renewals that support the wider commercial partnerships objectives.
- Overall administrative responsibilities for the Licensing and & Gaming new business team including, upkeep of the Licensee/Prospect tracker, processing of internal and external F1 product orders and other ad-hoc requests.
- Work with the internal Marketing and Comms team to identify fan engagement opportunities that promote licensed product.
- Produce presentations and other collateral that help with prospecting partners.
- Remain up to date with the latest industry developments and best practices.
- Coordinate approvals of partner creative assets including working with internal teams to provide creative feedback to licensees on product development and use of F1 IP when building a partnership.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with partners and stakeholders.
- 5-7 years’ experience in the brand licensing and/or gaming industry, commercial sales, or equivalent
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- Excellent relationship management skills.
- Strong attention to detail
- Able to work independently and proactively to source new opportunities for licensees.
- Detailed understanding of the sports / entertainment licensing industry.
- Understanding of commercial partnerships and licensing business models.
- Natural people skills with a high level of empathy and the ability to engage with a range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Self-awareness, curious, open-minded and courageous in regard to learning.
- Ability to adapt with high levels of empathy and authenticity, and able to flex and transform to changing environments.
- Sets high goals or standards of performance for themselves and is dissatisfied with average performance.
- Enthusiastic, passionate and high-energy individual who lifts and motivates those around them.
- Team player; leads by exemplifying shared organizational values. Demonstrates high levels of integrity and easily develops relationships based on trust.
- Global mindset with the ability to work with and engage people from different cultures.
- Calm under pressure and resilient in the face of challenge.